he stopped sleeping with me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

he stopped sleeping with me

Taco has started a new and weird habit. I have an Etsy business and have all my sewing things put away in a cabinet and my bedroom closet. There is no other room I could possibly use. When I get my sewing things out, I close the kittens out of my bedroom. I can't sell things covered in cat hair. While working on a large project I didn't want to put everything away every night, so I just kept the door closed while I slept. Now that I keep it open again at night, Taco has started sleeping under my bed. He sleeps on the floor exactly under where my head is.

Is it possible that this is because I kept the door closed for a week? He'll still get in bed with me and cuddle for a little while (when he's good and ready, he's never gone to bed with me when I go) but always decides to move under the bed after a short while. I'm always careful not to move around and disturb him, so it isn't that. I can accept his new habit, it isn't a big deal. And maybe it's weird but I find that it's comforting just to hear his light snore at night. I'm just trying to figure out if this is my fault or if it's just him being a weirdo.

Taco and ChaChi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 03:39 AM
Tom Cat

It happens their habits change and change back. Vincent used to sleep with me and Sera in my bed than suddenly he started sleeping on the floor or in other rooms. Cats are just weird like that he may go back to sleeping with you he may not only time will tell.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 09:17 AM
Cool Cat

Yes, they move their sleeping spots. (It's frustrating when you purchase or make an expensive cat bed. They may choose it for a while and then move to some other place...) I don't think it's anything personal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks guys. As a first time cat mom I'm always worried I'm doing something wrong. I'm glad to know that he's just weird. And frankly, I'll take this nighttime weirdness over ChaChi's. She likes to be petted at 4 am, and will just get in bed with me and rub herself on my hand until I wake up and pet her, which I start doing before I'm awake enough to realize I'm rewarding terrible behavior. She thinks the world revolves around her and is kinda bratty, and I keep telling my husband that she doesn't get that from me. (It's not working lol)

Taco and ChaChi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page