Anyone have good luck with calming collars? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Anyone have good luck with calming collars?

My newest rescue is now bullying my previous bully. Coco is getting a taste of her own medicine she administered to a now past kitty, causing so much angst that we ended up medicating Coco to calm her down and stop the constant attacking. Now Bree is bullying Coco! We have had Bree for several weeks and I don't want to medicate her too, so was wondering what everyone's experience is with calming collars. Do they work or will it be a waste of money?

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 05:29 PM
Cat

Hi, since no one has commented I thought I'd chime in.

In your situation, they're hammering out a pecking order which is normal. So long as they're not injuring one another, I'd let it play out. Calming collars certainly wouldn't *hurt*. It is said they take a while to kick in, but I've used them and notice some difference rather quickly, plus I think they smell nice too.

My best example of success with these collars is when I had to put my Princess on a plane all by herself to go to Little Rock ahead of my arrival a week later. Mind you... this was delivering her to a friend's house who had 6 other cats and poor Princess wouldn't even have her mama and so as such would be a great state.

We were in Little Rock for 8 months with all those cats and well, it was just not a good situation all around. It did seem to me that the collar helped, although I will say that my Lilah has always been a pretty adaptable girl. For a high-strung already temperamental cat, it might vary.

Last edited by marie73; 03-27-2017 at 05:59 PM. Reason: language
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks blondiegrl211! Things have settled down some, as you suggested. I did put some Fel-i-ways around for a couple weeks but with the nice weather now we opened some windows and that kind of negates the effects. We are at least on the right track so I and the cats are, happier.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"

Last edited by marie73; 03-27-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page