Peeing outside the box - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Peeing outside the box

Hi, my name is Demetra and I just had a question. I have two kitties. My first one is Lulu who is 100% healthy. My second one is Lucky who has feline leukemia and is on Keppra 3x a day because he had a couple of seizures when he was a kitten. One of them (been trying to figure out who) has been peeing outside the box every once in a while, but always on something soft and absorbable. The first time was last year, on my son's foam Elmo chair which got thrown out. The 2nd time was on a pillow a few months ago, in a big cat house that Lucky used to hang out in. The 3rd time was yesterday in a little grey cat house that Lucky has been hanging out in lately. I've been trying to figure out who it is before paying an arm and a leg at the vet. I was wondering if its a safe bet to assume its Lucky. I don't think its a behavioral issue because if it was it would be happening more often. I wonder if it has something do with his health issues. Any opinion and/or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Jr. Cat

How many litter boxes are available and how often are they cleaned out? I've seen it often suggested to have at least n+1 box (like for 2 cats, at least 3 boxes). On the other hand I have had cats where if they are experiencing pain while using the litter box they go elsewhere due to associating the pain with the box. I've had good luck with Dr Elsey's cat attract in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page