Should I get anything for the cat to sleep on? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Should I get anything for the cat to sleep on?

Adopted 7 year old Persian. Lives in the living room. Doesn't really get on the leather furniture, ever. Sleeps on the living room carpet. Does not care (at all) for the blanket I thought might be soft for him to lay on. Should I just let him sleep om the carpet or should I get anything for him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

You could get something like this. No guarantee that she'll use it, but it's a pretty good price to try.

https://www.chewy.com/frisco-quilted...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

My cats sleep EVERYWHERE in my house. Even on their scratchers.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...ignature2.html
http://www.catforum.com/forum/50-ove...inderella.html
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Cool Cat

is he a fairly new member of the family? if so, maybe he's still just testing out good sleeping spots and eventually he'll try new places.
but sure, if you feel like buying some cat beds, go for it. I think lots of us have done that thinking we'd give our kitties more comfortable spots to sleep but then have ended up giving the catbeds away cuz the cats never use them! ha ha! just depends.
you could also just experiment the FREE way for now and put out boxes or paper bags or blankets on the floor and on furniture to see if he wants to try those. I had a foster who just LOVED loud crinkly packing paper to sleep on. way too cute. I could always tell where she was, though.
and it's funny that actually some people would PREFER their cats not get on the furniture anyway because then they'd have to clean them more or they're worried about scratches in the leather or something.

Hey! just realized. maybe his prior mom or dad just trained him NOT to get on furniture, anyway, and that's why he doesn't do it. so it might just be the way he was raised. if you really want to change that, though, you should certainly feel free to encourage him. have fun!

Maggie
Kitty, Lucy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Cool Cat

oh, and I don't think I'd worry about him being uncomfortable on the floor. all you have to do is check out some youtube videos to see the crazy and really uncomfortable looking places and positions that cats sleep in. and they seem perfectly happy doing it!

Maggie
Kitty, Lucy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Cat

My cats love those, lasts about a year, i have couple
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Kitten

I''ve stopped buying cat beds because my cats never use them. They do love boxes though, if you have any of those laying around, I'd suggest putting them out.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:03 AM
Cat

Dont give up cardboard is the key

Last edited by marie73; 04-22-2017 at 02:38 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 10:04 AM
Jr. Cat

Hello, yes I've had great results with just cardboard boxes and the packing paper that comes in them. My cat seemed to usually like the boxes that seemed like they were just a little bit too small. She would just pack herself down into it and sleep there for hours.

My cat always seemed to get 'bored' with a box after a couple weeks and then would not use it anymore. So then I would just throw that one out. Usually I'd just keep 3-4 boxes around and she'd rotate through them.

Originally I'd bought an expensive cat bed. She used it for a couple weeks but then refused to ever lie in it again, even years later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page