HELP!! My Cat LOVES to eat TOILET PAPER!! EEWWWW - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default HELP!! My Cat LOVES to eat TOILET PAPER!! EEWWWW

My cat loves to chew and eat toilet paper. She has to take a nibble of it EVERY DAY!! I think this is the strangest behavior and I'm worried that she might choke on it or get sick. She can eat a whole square of toilet paper if I don't catch her in time. My other cat does not do this at all. WHY??? PLEASE HELP!!!
vern&shirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My female cat does the same thing. But not toliet paper. She eats anything fuzz,fur,lint...on the floor. She is our personal vaccum.
Sunnshine0323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

I probably wouldn't be too worried. toilet paper breaks up in water so I don't think it should do too much harm. (as long as she doesn't eat a big wad of it, I suppose)
Old 07-23-2004, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Yeah, it's biodegradable, she'll digest it.

I ate a lot of paper as a kid (my personal preference was white bond typing paper), and I turned out okay...I think!

For years I could not put toilet paper on the roller because my cat would unravel it all over the house; it had to sit on the back of the toilet.

So it's not all that weird!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean
drjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

That is funny you should say that - my father used to find me in the bathroom - clothes on, lid on - eating toilet paper. I loved it - I was very little . I read somewhere that people that eat toilet paper when they are little will be artistically inclined as adults - I love the arts so that kind of suits me. Then the ones that eat dirt - mechanically inclined. I can't remember what they say about the children that eat lime (is that what you call the stuff on the wall?)
Old 07-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

, I guess I'm mechanically inclined
queen of the nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

My to cats always eat toilet paper and paper towels, and there fine. You should put the toilet paper on the top of the toilet or go to home depot and buy a silver plate that covers the toilet paper were only you can reach it from the bottom.
karke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thomas eats toilet paper and plastic. He doesn't eat it when it's on the roll, only when it's still in the plastic stuff it comes in. Then he bites holes right through the plastic and into the roll of toilet paper. I put the rolls with the bites out of them in the upstairs bathroom.

Regardless, nothing ever happend to him and he must have at least eaten a cup of toilet paper (in one sitting).
Kittys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Thank goodness my cats don't like toilet paper, Charmin can get pretty expensive

Kim
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cat

This has got to be the funniest thread I've read so far! Not the cat eating toilet paper part, cuz mine does it too.....but the human eating the toilet paper part. I never thought the posts would go in that direction.

Oh, I can't remember the last time I was able to unroll some toilet paper without it getting hung up on all the kitty bites.

katsprat

P.S. I would be one of those "mechanically inclined" dirt eaters, although I never though I'd admit it on a cat forum before.
Advertisement