dang... my cat is tearing out his stitches!!!!!!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 07:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default dang... my cat is tearing out his stitches!!!!!!!!!

argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!

In the middle of the night, I kept hearing this sound... (there are no words to describe it), and I finally look over and there is Sampson leaned over himself, with his head in his belly... biting his stitches and trying to rip them out, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh!!

**** this cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... and you wonder why he ate a piece of rubber plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I looked this morning, and sure enough one is out geezuz, he better not have eaten it!! It's pretty small though... when I looked at him in the middle of the night, I could see one (the one he managed to remove) and see that one side was removed. I felt it and it's pretty thin metal thing.

Gosh, what the heck do I do... I have to go to work this morning!! Should I take off and get this cat to a vet and get a cone thingy for his neck!!

It's been 11 days since his surgery, and although his incision looks healed and he's scheduled to have the stitches removed this weekend, I doubt him ripping them out is a good solution.

Sometimes this cat
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Silly Sampson!
If it looks like the incision has healed, although it's not the best thing, it's probably O.K. at this point but I would call the vet and ask them.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook
Silly Sampson!
If it looks like the incision has healed, although it's not the best thing, it's probably O.K. at this point but I would call the vet and ask them.
hi nanook... I meant to post an update. I took him in this morning, and the vet actually removed the stitches. So he is back home now and is doing good. This episode looks to be ending, wheww... what a costly and emotional piece of plastic rubber that was, LOL!!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Sounds like he had staples. Did you ever find the one he ripped out?
coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster
Sounds like he had staples. Did you ever find the one he ripped out?
um no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... but it is so small, it would be almost impossible to find in my condo. I looked in the bed where I saw him biting them ... but I didn't find that one, arggggggggggggggggggggggggh!! It could be anywhere, but it better not be in his stomach that is all I have to say!!, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I know the feeling.
coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premier Cat

If it's that small and he did eat it there's a good chance he would pass it without a problem. fingers crossed.
John
eternal angel Arianwen
gunterkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement