non-dusty scoopable litter? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default non-dusty scoopable litter?

Is there a non-dusty scoopable cat litter? I'm wondering if part of my cat's problem with her belly is that she feels dirty with the litter. It's a scoopable one, but it's pretty dusty. I had been using Yesterday's News before my roommate moved in with her cat and Chlo never had that problem before then. I'm wondering if it's part anxiety, part feeling dirty.

What's a good litter for scooping but will help the cat feel more clean when exiting the box? I'm thinking of going back to Yesterday's News since the roomie is moving out anyway, but like being able to scoop it and do a full change less frequently.
Scarlett516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I use Feline Pine - the clumping kind. I am going to post a link to their what I believe is their website. I think they changed the packaging recently because the bag I have at home does not look like this. Any other Feline Pine users know about this?

http://www.naturesearth.com/

Proud mother of 2 furry children - Willis and Chester.
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so."
-Mark Twain
manitu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I use World's Best, which is made from corn. My asthma practically disappeared when I switched.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean
drjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I'm in the process of switching from a clay based clumping litter to World's Best to try and reduce the dust. Seems like it's a lot better...I haven't done a thorough cleaning to get rid of all the dust from the old stuff yet...the true test will come after that's done. (The litterboxes are in a spare bedroom that rarely gets cleaned).

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

As far as scoopable clay litters, I thought the bulk Pet Gold (store brand) at my local Petco was best. However, what they actually use for the store brand might be different elsewhere. I don't know.
coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

I use Petsmart's brand of Feline Pine, I think it's..ExquisiPine or something? It works really well and there's not too much dust. I have multiple catsand it really cuts down the odor, too.
Fright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat

Thanks! It sounds like those made out of natural materials are less dusty?

I'll try it, I'd like to limit as many contributing factors to Chloƫ's anxiety as possible!
Old 06-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Personally, I recommend against world's best and clumping feline pine. World's Best is the better of the two, but it tends to get powdery and as such causes my cats to leave litter imprints on all my furniture.

Feline Pine tracks to the extreme. I have litter mats outside the boxes but the stuff just tracks everywhere regardless. It's perhaps a little too light and fluffy.

My current favorite is still nature's miracle. That tracks too, but not as much as feline pine. And it works & smells better than arm & hammer or everclean. I'm still in search of an effective litter that does not track.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

The Nature's Miracle isn't very dusty? I bought a small bag of Feline Pine today. I figure I'll try a few and see how they work. I don't want to buy the big bags until I know what I want to stick with.

Thanks again! Any more recommendations?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder
Personally, I recommend against world's best and clumping feline pine. World's Best is the better of the two, but it tends to get powdery and as such causes my cats to leave litter imprints on all my furniture.
I find this with World's Best, too. The multi-cat formula seems better than the original, and changing it out entirely once a week helps too, although that gets expensive really fast.
Jet Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement