1 Week After Spay - Watery Blood - Need Thoughts Please - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default 1 Week After Spay - Watery Blood - Need Thoughts Please

Well it has been 1 week since I took Abbey (8mo) to the vet to get spayed. She has been doing great and taking her time recovering up until this morning. I was woken up by my boyfriend saying "Sweetie, don't be worried but Abbey is bleeding" and naturally I flew out of bed in a panic. I had a look at her tummy and it seemed like it was "oozing" this watery sort of blood. I freaked out and went and told my mom what happened, who called the vet, who was unavailable, so she talked to someone that works up at the desk. They said that she had probobly just torn a stitch somehow and not to worry about it, that it would go away. Well that helped calm my mind a *little* bit, but I'm still worried about it. I don't want her getting an infection and something bad happening to her. My boyfriend and I figured that what had happened was she climbed up onto our entertainment center and then jumped off, as some of the stuff that was on top was scattered on the floor. I think this big jump is what could have ripped her stitching.. She is acting just fine but I need some peace of mind that it's nothing serious. I'm normally a very trusting person, but I can't seem to fully believe the clerk that she'll be okay, I would rather hear it from ya'll, who I trust and know have plenty of experience with cats. So please tell me your thoughts, is the watery looking blood normal or should I worry about infection? and if this helps, she has the absorbable sutures.. also, it's been a good 5 hours and it's still wet around the incision site. Thank you all in advance *crosses fingers*

Haley
Msmilove06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

as long as she was fairly calm and doing well after surgery... a week is plenty of time for it to have healed. A big jump may have caused this little amount of bleeding.

Keep a really close eye on the incision and if there's any sign of pain, swelling, or any more bleeding I'd bring her in.

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
OsnobunnieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
as long as she was fairly calm and doing well after surgery... a week is plenty of time for it to have healed. A big jump may have caused this little amount of bleeding.

Keep a really close eye on the incision and if there's any sign of pain, swelling, or any more bleeding I'd bring her in.
Thank you Osnobunnie, I won't be taking my eyes off of her, trust me. I suppose I will just have to suck it up and wait it out in this case. Hope I don't find anything wrong over these next couple days, it was hard enough to have her spayed in the first place..I wouldn't want to have to take her in again, poor thing. Thanks again
Msmilove06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement