new kitten only sleeping not eating much, help!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default new kitten only sleeping not eating much, help!!

We brought Indy home on Sunday, she was playing a bit and curious. She had her vaccines before coming home so I knew she may be sleepy and not that hungry for a day or so but she is still not playing and I am worried .I can get her to eat a tiny bit of wet food by putting it on my finger and she drank some water from a cup last night but I don't think it's nearly enough. All she wants do do is curl up on you , purr, knead and go back to sleep. I'm worried. I have to go to work today but will she how she is this pm and call the vet if she's still acting the same. Any ideas on what may be going on? Could she just be shy or stressed about coming to a new home with another cat or is she sick ? Help please.
kittylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

This is quite unusual for a kitten and indicates that she is not feeling well. I would not delay the vet visit...call and get her in today. Kittens can go downhill really fast...not eating for a couple days is a significant issue.

I'll move this to H&N for you...

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I hope that you were able to get Indy into the vet, and that she is doing ok.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Update on Indy - little kitten not eating

We took Indy to the vets last night. She has a temp of 105!! She was dehrdrated and had lost some weight .They gave her some fluids and antibiotics as well as anibiotics for us to take home. They gave us some special food that they give to sick kitties if their appitites are bad called a/d prescription diet. She ate about 1/3 of a tin last night(from a spoon) and this morning she ate some kibble that I had added to water. My husband will give her the meds and wet before he goes to work. They didn't say what it may be excepy possbibly an infection. If she doesn't seem better tonight we go back to the vets for bloodwork and xrays. Poor sweet thing, I found out some person dropped her off at the shelter because they didn't want her anymore, riddled with fleas and she hadn't had any vaccines. That makes me so mad that any one would treat an animal that way !!!! We will nurse this wee one back to health , I'm still worried about her , what could it be ? How long before the medicine should help if it will? I just want her to feel better.
Thanks !
kittylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Thank goodness you got her to the vet when you did. That is always a good sign when they are willing to eat. Also make sure that she is eating enough to drink.

Prayers and crossed paws that she is strong enough to deal with this illness. Thank you for caring so much for this little one.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement