how to solve flea problem? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default how to solve flea problem?

Hi. I desperately need advice on this from others with indoor/outdoor cats. My cat is treated for fleas (Advantage) but she's still bringing them in as passengers or something in the last few weeks (I found a dead flea in her water bowl). My bf and I are getting bitten and getting bad allergic reactions, and it can't go on like this all summer. Genie goes out of our small flat and roams a small network of gardens, so I can't do anything about treating the source. We had her indoors for a year before moving here and she was bored and frustrated much of the time. The last three months have been a dream - she's been coming and going at will and been extremely happy and healthy. My bf reckons the only solution is to make her stay in all the time but this is going to be **** for all of us! Does anyone have any alternative suggestions or experiences? Thanks for any advice.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

try diatomaceous earth.

in tests done by the USDA it proved just as effective as chemical treatments.

here is a "how to" for use inside the home - All-Around Non-Toxic Flea Control | Care2 Healthy Living
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

Thanks so much, this looks like a great solution! I am ordering some straight away. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnapped View Post
Thanks so much, this looks like a great solution! I am ordering some straight away. Thank you.

you are welcome!

please let me know how you make out.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Also, you need to treat the house/carpet. If your getting bit, then they are in the house, and eggs hatch every 14 days. You need to treat the house/bedding cat all in one day. 14 days later do it again. Then personally, I would do it again in another 14 days. I would also treat the yard.

But, if your cat is killing mice, you also need to keep up with the Advantage and invest in some Tape worm tabs, trust me, your going to need those too as mice quite often pass on tape worms.
Wylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement