Addiction cat food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 03:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Wink Addiction cat food

I did a search first and not a lot came up. I would have to order it online. But, it looks so good! Currently feeding Halo Spot's Stew both wet and dry (I have a dry food junkie). This is the only wet food the dry food junkie will eat. hehe. Unfortunately it doesn't entirely agree with her so I have to give her more dry than wet. Taylor, my other girl likes Merricks gourmet line, but I won't feed her fish since she had a hospital visit with a fever (FUO) and whatever caused it was messing with all her organs (she was tested for so many things!) She doesn't need a rx diet, but an ultra sound found a bladder stone although that was a guess (hard to see) and kidney and then liver problems showed up on bloodwork (they were saying things like kidney failure and just such scary things). Also the illness messed with her sugar. Anyways, she likes turducken, thanksgiving dinner and the pot pie one, so I get her that sometimes. Instinct didn't go over well. Going to try BB wilderness to add to the mix (maybe). I was thinking adding Addiction to the mix would be nice too with all the variety. Wellness is out. Before the last recall, Izzy refused to eat it. So I thought I would look for a recall thinking she just changed her mind, but better be safe. And as you know, they recalled canned Wellness. As it was, I only fed chicken and turkey because Izzy could only eat those two and I did give them dry with grains too. (Right now they are grain free). Very interesting, someone gave me a sample of the new Flint River grain free food (dry) and my cats went crazy for it! It does contain whitefish and it is dry so I am passing on it. (What's with the whole tiki cat food is good for CRF, bladder problem cats? I hear their food is low in phosphorus (many of them anyways), but still not convinced since it is fish). I am actually not interested in Innova/CA naturals/Evo. (Fish, fish, fish). I definitely want to avoid China made foods and so I like that about Addiction too. Halo spots stew is made here in the US. Merrick is too (although I wouldn't trust their dog treats!) I do wonder who make BB though. I would still buy wellness if they ate it ( they gave me a funny look but ate the pouches at first, didn't like the special cuts line). And I know someone will bring up raw so I should mention that I have an autoimmune disease so raw is sooo not happening. But really I believe you when you say it works for your cats. I also like the game meat in Addiction. It's cleaner meat (says the vegetarian).
meow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

Have you tried Weruva? It is made by the same company that makes the Tiki cat food. They have several different flavors that have chicken. It is made in a factory that also makes poeple food. It actually looks and smells like people food. This cat food makes my very finicky cats go absoultely NUTS. One of my cats has bad problems with his digestive tract and this food really has caused those symptoms to decrease. Maybe try a couple cans.
sunset97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset97 View Post
Have you tried Weruva? It is made by the same company that makes the Tiki cat food.
Weruva and Tiki are two different companies. Weruva also makes BFF and Cats in the Kitchen Pouches.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Weruva and Tiki are two different companies. Weruva also makes BFF and Cats in the Kitchen Pouches.

Oops I thought they were made by the same company. Thanks for correcting me. I wouldn't want her to run out buying something with wrong information.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset97 View Post
Have you tried Weruva? It is made by the same company that makes the Tiki cat food. They have several different flavors that have chicken. It is made in a factory that also makes poeple food. It actually looks and smells like people food. This cat food makes my very finicky cats go absoultely NUTS. One of my cats has bad problems with his digestive tract and this food really has caused those symptoms to decrease. Maybe try a couple cans.
Also not local, but I was thinking about that one too. Sounds like it may be good for miss dry food Izzy. Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Well.. My bf works at a natural foods warehouse and we get a superduper discount on halo. (Paid full price at petco on wellness). I am working through the brands they offer and blue buffalo is no longer listed! I came across Nulo who looks like they are new on cat food scene and may add more down the line. I may try the turkey and see if maybe it was really beef that bothers Izzy or just the wellness one (it contains beef as well). Anyone try Nulo? It has a fish one for the kitties who eat fish. The only place that carries it close to us is Sprouts which is a drive (as is petco). Petsmart is our only local pet store so that and the discount I thought we had added to me deciding on blue buffalo. But I can get avoderm at a discount too. I think AD is pretty fishy so I'll look that up again. I am thankful my cats like Halo but I also know it is veg heavy so hopefully I can add a few more foods.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Our cats love addiction! I feed them the brush tail and venison ones. It is hard to find, I only know of one store in my area that carries it, but it is one of the few brands our cats will consistently enjoy eating.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thank you little sushi. I read an old thread where you stated you used Addiction so good to know they still like it. I was thinking of trying the buffalo, brush tail and maybe venison since those are dif protein sources. I think I'll look into shipping costs for them.

I changed my mind on Nulo (it has tuna down in the list) and realized the dry I feed now (halo grain free) has salmon oil which is mainly fed to the cat that I am not as concerned about. On pay day I will pick up some BB wilderness, two flavors of avoderm, ultramix chic and turkey stew (it contains brewer's rice so that's a maybe) and maybe I'll try NV Instincts venison (I don't think they ate that one). I still need to figure out best way to get Weruva to try. Last time I had the my girls try new stuff it wasn't fun so when they both liked halo I stuck with it. I am just hoping to find a few more things to add so if they dislike most of it, that is ok.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

I order my Weruva online. If your cat likes shredded chicken breast it would probably love the Paw Lickin Chicken which is chicken breast in gravy.

Here is what it looks like. It smells just like canned people chicken.

You can see a picture of all of their cat canned foods at: weruva.com
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thank you sunset97. They like all forms of wet. So far I got them one avoderm (only fish free one at our petsmart) and a selection of wilderness. They love wilderness chicken! Is it ok to share where you buy weruva from on the forums?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement