Puke, puke, and more puke - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I had the lovely experience of stepping in a mountain of Tiger's puke last night. But that was my own fault. I had given him a toy mouse and forgot that he loves to eat their tails. *sigh*
I tried the pumpkin and he turned his nose up to it. This cat eats EVERYTHING yet wouldn't touch the pumpkin. I might try to mix it in with something else so he'll eat it.
I also scrapped the golf ball idea - for slowing down his eating. Instead I've put a pan down and spread the food out. So far so good.
Had he not eaten that mouse tail, his puking has really slowed down. Might be on to something here...lol
Like I said, I usually know why they puke. Just have to figure out remedies for those problems!
justine2423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
Canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin, not pie filling) has been known to work. Pretty much anything that will add a little fiber to the diet.
Someone in this forum prompted me to look for canned pumpkin in the baking section, so, I finally found it in Sg few days back but its pie filling I think,but also says 100% pumpkin, so is it still ok?
LOT 8 Libby?s Libbys Canned Pure PUMPKIN 15 oz 2/2013 Veterinarians Recommend | eBay
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Premier Cat

As long as it's 100% pumpkin with no spices added in then it is fine.

& Krissy - Janitor, KitterKat Club Enterprises
MowMow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cool Cat

That's fine I think. Just check the ingredients for anything other than pumpkin. You can definitely tell the difference in pure pumpkin and pie filling.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thanks guys, I'm still trying to find the exact ingredient listing. I didn't buy it yet cos I noticed its near expiry and I don't need it so soon, just buying for standby. At least I now know where to get it and also there's this pure and pie filling type.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justine2423 View Post
This is more of a rant than anything.
My cats love to puke. They must think I enjoy cleaning it up. I can usually figure out why they've puked by looking at it. It's usually one of three things:
1) hairball
2) ate too fast
3) ate something that wasn't food
*sigh* I really do get tired of it but what such is life with these two, I guess.
As far as the hairballs, I do give a hairball remedy goo that seems to help quite a bit. Doesn't stop it completely but helps.
For eating too fast, I've been meaning to try spreading the food out in a pan so it's harder to eat too quickly.
And for eating things that aren't food - well, I just need to be a better housekeeper!
Does anybody else have any of these issues (or all of these issues) with their cats?
I have 2 pukers out of my 4 cats. First off, they are all brushed every morning and get Furminated once a month to help with hairballs. One of the pukers is my 15 year old senior cat and it got really, really bad for awhile. I had every possible test run on her and even took her to Columbia University for more advanced testing and Xrays etc. Her daily puking was just not normal. Well, they found absolutely nothing wrong with her. I put her on probiotics and give her hairball control 2-3 times a week. Her puking is now far, far less and usually only about 1-2 times a week. I can live with that.

The other puker is a fast eater and she quickly eats and then lurks in the background to see if the others leave anything in their bowls. If they do she pounces on it and gobbles it down as quickly as she can. Her puking is not as bad as the older cat's is, about once a week. I've helped curtail this by feeding her in a separate room and not letting her out until everyone has eaten and the bowls have been taken up.
NutroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Has anyone tried this hairball remedy?

Amazon.com: Vet's Best Hairball Relief Digestive Aid, 60 Chewable Tablets: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Vet's Best Hairball Relief Digestive Aid, 60 Chewable Tablets: Pet Supplies
justine2423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Try changing your cat food. I had the same problem after my gf fed our cats some Walmart "Special Kitty" food because it was " a good value".

It was special, all right. I still shudder at the amount of vomit.
Tomcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement