He screamed "Science Diet is the best cat food" - Page 6 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmamma View Post
Ok. What do you feed a cat who doesn't like canned food? It doesn't matter what kind. She takes two bites and turns up her nose. She will eat dry and does drink water. No vomitting or litter box problems. I would try that dehydrated raw if I knew where to find it.
My cat won't eat wet food at all so she gets a high quality grain-free dry food. It is not recommended but I'd rather her eat it than die from starvation.

If your cat is taking 2 bites, that's good. She will eat it. It will just take time and consistency.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
Cat

How many wet brands/flavors have you tried? My cats turn up their nose at some flavors, consistencies (Tigerlilly loathes pate for example), and brands. You can also mix some wet food into their kibble or pour the gravy from wet food over kibble and see if that helps. I'm not an expert on this, my cats took to wet food rather easily, but it couldn't hurt to try. Funny aside: the other morning I accidentally poured Tucker's dry food in his water dish and he drank all the water to get to the food, lol. That's one to get more moisture in his diet I guess.

Last edited by tigre86; 11-14-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #53 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Ok. What do you feed a cat who doesn't like canned food? It doesn't matter what kind. She takes two bites and turns up her nose. She will eat dry and does drink water. No vomitting or litter box problems. I would try that dehydrated raw if I knew where to find it.
I can help with that statement! I feed mine dehydrated raw and canned. Its called Honest Kitchen and my cats love it. I always buy a 4 pound box and that equals 12 pounds of food. Its only 41.99. Very reasonable in price compared to A LOT of dehydrated raw. As far as Ive seen its the most reasonable out there. I get mine from Chewy.com. No sales tax and fast delivery. If you want to try it out there is sample boxes you can get directly from Honest Kitchens website. Here is their website and chewys.

Honest Kitchen Prowl

Chewy.com Honest Kitchen Prowl

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I wish more people had access to pet stores like the one I work at. The owner won't carry any food with corn, wheat, soy, by products, artificial colors or preservatives. We actually have a binder with all of the vet diets to show people how bad they are. The only dry food I ever recommend to people is EVO and it's still put as "if I had to feed kibble, I would only feed EVO". I always try to explain the importance of wet food and that eating dry is not going to clean their cat's teeth. We carry nature's variety raw now, so I push that too.
I have no problem cutting a coworker off if they're giving out incorrect information about diet and nutrition.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
Cat

If this is true, I'm not sure how anyone can continue to defend Science Diet.

Science Diet Acquires Patent to Use Polyethylene
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmamma View Post
It just takes patience and time. It doesn't matter how long it takes, the trick is to never stop trying. Here's a good place to start:

Tips for transitioning dry food addicts
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
Super Moderator

This thread seems to have become a catch all for just about everything and is way off the original topic, so it's time to close it.

If you have specific questions please start your own thread.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread