Sadie has a small lump on the back of her head - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

All paws crossed for Sadie!! xxxx
lovetimesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Better that you are getting rid of it - once you feel something like that you can't help touching it all the time yourself and it is definitely easy to convince yourself that it is constantly getting bigger. I hope this is the end of it for you.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thank you all for the good thoughts.
Sadie is back from the vet. Doc said everything went well. The tumor is gone, and we'll find out what it is in a few days when the test results come back. She had blood work done as well, and that too looked good.

She is restless and not really interested in eating right now, but otherwise seems to be doing well. I think Cheddar is more upset at the moment because she looks funny with the e-collar on and still smells like the vet.

Here is a pic of the incision site. Looks painful

I took the collar off at the time I took the pic so I could wash it, but otherwise she needs to wear it for the next 2 weeks until she has the stitches out.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Aww! Don't you love the way their skin matches their fur patterns? Why does she have to wear the collar? I mean if she fusses at it, of course I understand, but it she leaves it alone?

Does she have pain medicine?

All paws crossed for an uneventful recovery..
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cat Addict

It is pretty interesting how her skin matches... it is a lot lighter than I pictured it would be though. I also wasn't expecting such a big patch of fur shaved off... I knew they would have to shave the area, I guess I just didn't think it would be that much.

The collar is just to keep her from messing with the area. I know that as it heals, it's pretty typical for it to get itchy, so she might try to scratch at it. She also likes head butts and rolling on to her back or nuzzling her head into things (such as me) when she's trying to cuddle. I figure if I'm right there next to her and keeping an eye on what she's doing, I'll take it off for a while as long as she's leaving the area alone. It's a soft collar at least, but I know I wouldn't want to have that around my neck all day either.

She does have pain meds, Buprenorphine twice a day for the next 3-5 days. Hopefully she takes it better than Cheddar did when he was on the same stuff... I swear with him I probably got only a little bit more in his mouth than I did everywhere else. lol
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I hope everything turns out good. Cabbit had a lump under his chin. It freaked me out, so took him to the vet. It was an abscess. After treatment it went away. Hopefully there is nothing serious with your kitty. It is not fun when they are not feeling well.
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Remember that the buprenex is squirted into the mouth, not down the throat. That's one of the benefits of it, it's easy to give because it doesn't go down the throat. It is absorbed by the mucus membranes in the mouth.

Hope Sadie is doing well.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I'm glad everything went well! You did the right thing! Has Sadie gotten her appetite back?
bluemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement