Hairball Relief digestive aid - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Hairball Relief digestive aid

Anyone ever used Vet's Best hairball tablets? Psyllium, slippery elm and marshmallow are part of the ingredients. I tried one (1) on my cat and he gobbled it up and was looking around for more. I shall review his waste output and go from there. I found some positive results on amazon.com.
quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Anyone ever used Vet's Best hairball tablets? Psyllium, slippery elm and marshmallow are part of the ingredients. I tried one (1) on my cat and he gobbled it up and was looking around for more. I shall review his waste output and go from there. I found some positive results on amazon.com.

I just finished my first bottle of this. Josie loved the taste! But I didn't notice a decrease in hairballs, so I probably won't buy them again. Other people have had success, so I guess it's certainly worth a try.

LadyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I've never used them but it if works, let me know, haha
minikin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Here is my 14 day review of using vets best with Quincy. He is what I would classify as pseudo-feral, but he was running wild, was trapped, neutered and then I got him. I noticed that his stool was rather black in color, all connected and rather dry. I do not observe him in his litter box. but I can tell when he has had a successful movement because he becomes full of energy.
I have noticed that he does like the vets best, his stool has become just a bit softer and is still black. Next task for me is to determine if the stool is free of hair or not.
Note: I am also compiling a list of natural hair ball remedies that Quincy may try later. My observation of Quincy is he is stunted in a few areas and I want to be sure his physical needs are satisfied as I work on other areas of his environment.
More later. ken
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Neglected to meet time requirement for edit, so adding info concerning the fact that Quincy was not regurgitating hairballs prior to starting with vets best. But wanted to be sure that he was able to pass any hairballs that had accumulated.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

After about two months, Quincy is like a time-clock; he announces by 8am and 4pm if I am late with his tablets, and goes to his spot where he likes to receive them. Still no signs of hairballs.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I've been using the Vet's Best for a few weeks, although, I must say, I do sometimes forget. Margaux absolutely loves them, and they do seem to be helping. No hairballs in the past 10 days or so. My other kitty, who has constipation issues, won't touch them.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement