Dry food vs Wet food - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cat

^ Wow. I'm in Florida so they don't have that brand available where I'm at. Thanks for the tip though!

Just got back from my shopping trip (Petco was on the list since I had a $7 off coupon). Bought a couple of 3 oz cans of Wellness since they were 99 cents a can but I also got a can of every Merrick flavor I could find and several cans of Soulistic. They had a lot of sells on canned food at Petco today so I thought I'd try those two brands since they were cheaper than Wellness usually is. Does anyone else feed their cats either of these brands? I hope I made good choices for my cat.
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Like I said. I feed Soulistic! Its made by Weruva specifically for Petco. Its a great food and actually smells good unlike other foods Ive come across. I only buy the "in gravy" varieties because they dont contain the carrageen. They have the exact same ingredients as some of the the Weruva Cats in the Kitchen pouches. It also looks more "natural" to me because its in shreds and doesnt look like baby food. Its super budget friendly too! I always buy an 8 pack of the Chicken N Pumpkin In Gravy dinner. Only 11 dollars!

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter

Last edited by marie73; 11-18-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cat

^ That's right! I couldn't remember if I read about that brand on this thread or in the links that someone posted here, lol. I'll remember that about the gravy for next time (if Tucker enjoys the brand). I'm excited to try him out on these new foods...I like the idea of having him on a more varied diet. I don't want him to get bored of wet food.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Oh yea my cats love the shredded style of Weruva and Soulistic versus the ground baby food I guess you could call it look Be wary of the Merrick and some of the Wellness contain carageenan. I think its the Wellness Minced that doesnt have it... I looked last time I was there but I dont remember.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter

Last edited by marie73; 11-18-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre86 View Post
^ That's right! I couldn't remember if I read about that brand on this thread or in the links that someone posted here, lol. I'll remember that about the gravy for next time (if Tucker enjoys the brand). I'm excited to try him out on these new foods...I like the idea of having him on a more varied diet. I don't want him to get bored of wet food.
Hi Tigre! I have 4 cats in the house. I keep them on a 90% wet to a 10% kibble.

Last edited by marie73; 11-17-2012 at 01:08 AM.
NutroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
Cat

^ I'll have to look for that next time I'm at the pet store. Thanks for the tip.

Fed Tucker a can of Soulistic last night and he loved it! In fact, he enjoyed it so much that he kept licking the bowl even after it was gone, lol.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Cat

See I told you. My cats go bonkers for it.... What flavor did you give him?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Cat

Tuna and Crab Surimi in Gelee. Not going to get that flavor again though since you warned me about the cans in gelee.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Tigre86...I don't know where you're located, but if you're in the US...take a look at Dave's canned cat food. Very, very comparable to Wellness in ingredients, smell, texture etc. The first time I gave it to them, my cats ate it without even thinking about it...usually if I give them something different they sniff and sniff and tentatively nibble, but with Dave's they just dove right in.

Dave's is significantly less expensive than Wellness (like 50 cents on a 5.5 oz can). It doesn't have a wide distribution in retail stores (pretty much east coast only) but you can get it online. Check their website for store locations if you're on the east coast (they're only in independent stores, no big box). They also make several flavors in 12 oz cans.

A local pet store has Dave's. I hadn't seen it before. I know there is a similar "ingredient's list," but are the quality of the ingredients good?

It is priced very well though.
Nymphicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yes the ingredients are good. Dave's achieves their low pricing by not having huge marketing budgets, no coupons, no samples, no frequent buyer program etc.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement