Dry food vs Wet food - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Tucker loves Merrick too. So now I have a few alternatives to Wellness for him. Thanks for the suggestions/links everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Cat Addict

My cats (long before I was really responsible for them so back over fifty years, unfortunately), have always eaten a mixture - dry wasn't really an option way back when but the idea of mixing was always the same - some home cooked, some raw, etc.. Even back then they lived longer than the average (despite the dire warnings about indoor / outdoor cats) so the diet must have worked.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdoptAnAngel View Post
How much do you pay for the dry and wet foods? You could probably pay the same for a good quality wet food that is less expensive.
I have 4 cats. Actually 5 counting the feral living in the garage. The feral eats the same food as my house cats. They are on a 90% wet to a 10% dry formula. I tried to put them on the Natural Choice kibble but they would have none of it.

I did add this up once for my monthly average. The wet averaged out to about $1.00 a can (I use the 3.5 oz cans) which was about $11 daily more or less. The feral eats a lot more than the house cats but usually not more than 4 full cans. In the spring and summer she eats less, maybe 2 cans. I free feed her kibble but she eats very little of it.

I think with kibble and canned my monthly bill back then averaged about $460 a month not including treats or catnip.

Last edited by marie73; 11-19-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page