Please help.. kitten allergies? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Please help.. kitten allergies?

Hello! I have a 9 month old male kitten. I am afraid he has some food allergies but I'm not sure as to what it is or if it's even allergies and was hoping someone can help me out.

When I first brought him home about 7 months ago I had a baggy of his old food he was receiving. Weaned him off of it and everything, and tried to put him on the Blue Wilderness kitten dry food, and fed him canned food at night. Well, he was very gassy and had diarrhea on the Blue and that's when I thought he must be allergic. So I consulted my vet and she told me to go ahead and just give him the Iams kitten food. He didn't have any problems when I fed him that food, but I wanted to get him onto what my older cat is on, which is the Taste of the Wild dry food. And again, he has more (kind of gross, I know) "patty-like" poos than regular formed ones.

Does anyone know if this could be stemming from allergies? He's not ever upset or anything, energy is always really high... I've just been noticing it in his litter box. (Also he has no problem with the canned food.)

Thanks!
lilmssmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement