Cat nutrition confussion.. Wet & Dry - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

well dexter is allergic to grain (we think) so I wont be giving him it again I am glad I now know it's bad for them, thats whiskers Go Cat & coshida food thats a no no for him !
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
dry food is good for keeping their teeth clean what e do is feed him his wet food with a little bowl of dry so he can munch on that between meals

we tried feeding dexter some coshida cat food and he wouldn't touch it at all and thats on the cheap end of the cat food market, all depends on your cat.
Not all dry food will help keep a cat's teeth clean. Cats will crack the kibble but do not chew it as a dog chews it's kibble. Sometimes a cat will swallow the kibble whole but most of the time they will at least crack it. If the kibble is treated with some type of dental agent, there may be some dental benefit to the kibble.

Yep. It does all depend upon the cat. Our furbabys can be finicky
NutroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat

Tinker mainly swallows kibble whole! I've been using PlaqueOff for nearly 5 weeks now and I really can't believe how much better his teeth look! Even his gums are red anymore.

So.. Does anyone have any idea how much of his dry food I should reduce it by or a pouch of wet? I'm doing 20g at the moment.
Pushkabounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I've had good luck with Plaque Off on Jake's teeth too. Unfortunately the cats won't eat their food with it mixed in.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Look at it this way: The extra money you spend on wet food now will probably save you money on vet bills later on.
Kitty-The-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty-The-Cat View Post
Look at it this way: The extra money you spend on wet food now will probably save you money on vet bills later on.
This is very true if only my boss would see it that way and give me a pay rise!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
I've had good luck with Plaque Off on Jake's teeth too. Unfortunately the cats won't eat their food with it mixed in.
Is Jake a dog? Have you tried the PlaqueOff for cats and the one for cats and dogs? The one for cats is so fine, I wonder if that would make a difference
Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
I am not familiar with the Plaque Off for cats. I use feline Greenies every day for my cats and now the new feline Greenies Smart Bites but am always interested in dental tools to use for my cats. I've had no need for dentals done on any of them and the oldest is 15! For that I am grateful.

I will have to research this Plaque Off for cats. I've heard of similar products for my dogs but not for my cats.
NutroMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutroMike View Post
I will have to research this Plaque Off for cats. I've heard of similar products for my dogs but not for my cats.
They do one for dogs and cats and one for cats. The only difference is is that the cat one is really finally ground

Last edited by Pushkabounce; 11-25-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Typo - finely ground
Old 11-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I don't know if you can get it anywhere other than Canada, but I use something that is called "Suzie's Tarter Liquid". I swear by it. I use it on my dog and cats. My oldest cat is 6.5 years old(we got her in april). Her teeth were very very yellow and looks like they were already starting to rot. This was the only stuff I found they would drink (has no order and little colour). My youngest 2 cats are on a wet only diet so they don't really drink, but my oldest eats dry only so she drinks it frequently. Her teeth are now white and in better shape then the younger two cats.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement