Giving into cat pickiness - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Out of my four the boys will eat anything, Torri won't eat chicken (or other poultry if I serve that after a chicken meal...she's fine if I serve duck/turkey after anything else though*eye roll* it took me MONTHS to figure out why she'd eat those two most times.) And then there's Jitzu...who will eat mostly anything, but will occasionally bring it back up after.

I'll go through my mealtime mental acrobatics for you:

-what did they eat last meal? Don't feed that again.
-are they due for an organ meal? Y/N
-if yes, what meat are the organs mixed with this time?
-is that the same as what they got last meal? Y/N
-if yes organs wait for the next meal...if no, are they mixed with beef?
-if yes, mix it with ground pork. If no, proceed.
-was the last meal chicken? Y/N
-if yes then feed pork, or beef or goat. No duck or turkey
-if beef/goat mix Jitzus portion with pork
-did Jitzu keep her food down last meal?
-if yes, Yay! If no... How many meals since she kept food down? If more than three...get out babyfood and prepare for battle wounds, or get put cheese and prepare to wait half an hour after she consumes the med balls before feeding her meal.
-what's thawed? If no pork thawed...get pork and thaw it. Feed allowing for all rules above.
-if Torri has boycotted too many meals (God only knows why...) Sprinkled hers with freeze dried duck...and hope.

That's every meal...thank goodness two of them are easy!

Becky and the cats: Jitzu (9), Torri (6), Doran (5), and Muffin (5)
librarychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarychick View Post
Out of my four the boys will eat anything, Torri won't eat chicken (or other poultry if I serve that after a chicken meal...she's fine if I serve duck/turkey after anything else though*eye roll* it took me MONTHS to figure out why she'd eat those two most times.) And then there's Jitzu...who will eat mostly anything, but will occasionally bring it back up after.

I'll go through my mealtime mental acrobatics for you:

-what did they eat last meal? Don't feed that again.
-are they due for an organ meal? Y/N
-if yes, what meat are the organs mixed with this time?
-is that the same as what they got last meal? Y/N
-if yes organs wait for the next meal...if no, are they mixed with beef?
-if yes, mix it with ground pork. If no, proceed.
-was the last meal chicken? Y/N
-if yes then feed pork, or beef or goat. No duck or turkey
-if beef/goat mix Jitzus portion with pork
-did Jitzu keep her food down last meal?
-if yes, Yay! If no... How many meals since she kept food down? If more than three...get out babyfood and prepare for battle wounds, or get put cheese and prepare to wait half an hour after she consumes the med balls before feeding her meal.
-what's thawed? If no pork thawed...get pork and thaw it. Feed allowing for all rules above.
-if Torri has boycotted too many meals (God only knows why...) Sprinkled hers with freeze dried duck...and hope.

That's every meal...thank goodness two of them are easy!
Well I don't actually feed raw. I mainly feed grain free canned with a few meals a week being frozen raw or freeze died raw. The problem is that the store that I buy the frozen raw from(I actually buy the natures variety bits) is that it only comes in duck. I may try the larger chunked versions of different flavours and cut it up.

The to who eat the wet/raw won't skip two meals in a row. They usually pick at the first one and if the second meal is something they don't like, they will eat a bit because they are hungry then leave the rest. I have been also buying the large cans of food... the problem is they don't like when it isn't fresh, so they usually stick their noses up at it. I tried leaving it out to get to room temperate, heating it up, ect. I pretty much know which cans they don't like.. but unfortunately they love all the kinds that only come in 5.5oz not the 13oz ones which is what I prefer to buy because of price.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I'd be doing the same dance if I still fed canned...but there'd be a lot more puke cleaning involved. Lol.

Does the store you buy from carry frozen raw for dogs? It's mostly the same stuff, with some greens mixed in. I occasionally buy a novel protein mixed with greens, both because it's cheaper that way and because jitzu can't handle it straight. If they have other proteins with some greens mixed in its fine to feed that occasionally.

Becky and the cats: Jitzu (9), Torri (6), Doran (5), and Muffin (5)
librarychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement