Good News - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default Good News

Hello all good news about Lily. I finally washed her and washed off #the Hertz soap. Now to the good part I convinced my boyfriend to buy Lily Blue Buffalou #Premium food, we shall do this this weekend after Black Friday he works retail. #I think this is whats best for My Lily and I want but the best formy little girl. Of course kitten formula. #I really want what is best for her so we are also going to get Advantix II because itr works best to keep the fleas tick and all that at bay. Any suggestion guys I would apreicate.
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

That is good news for Lily!
I do use Blue Buffalo for Artie. A lot of people feel here feel this is not a premium food. Artie will not eat anything else. And I have tried so many different kinds.
Again, against some advice here, I am not knocking anyone--we have our own opinions... .I do wet and dry. I feed him primarily wet but do keep some, a tiny amount of dry down all day.
Make sure use keep plenty of water around..
Personally, I would suggest you get Lilly used to eating a 2-3 different brands of wet food. In case there is a recall on one. It could happen. This way she will have options..
Did you got the Advantage from the Vet?
I am asking because, OTC flea meds can be dangerous to kitties...
Lily sounds sweet. Just make sure you feed her often. Kittens need lots of food--energy levels and activity...they are so much fun!
Good brands also are Wellness, Advoderm, Natural Balance, Weruva, and tons more.
If you go to a pet store, the good ones are usually grouped together.
Wet food is really good for cats..
I have tried several kinds of litter. I did like World's Best, but Artie seemed to start scratching a lot. Could not tell if it was the time of year or the litter dust..they all have some..Right now I am using Precious Pets, and I really like it...
Good luck and have fun with Lily!
artiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

well Artiesmom thanks. I'm happy with her Special Kitten Litter plus is super cheap and she likes it too. The food is going to be because I know is best for her and us in the long run. I will also change her Canned food as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Good for Lily! (my husband gets no say in how much money I spend on cat food though) Where do you buy your food? Other good brands for you to compare prices with are:

Natures Variety
Halo Grain Free
Innova Prime Grain Free
Solid Gold Indigo Moon
Before Grain
Wellness Core
Taste of the Wild
Evo
Go Natural Fit and Free
Felidae Pure Elements or Pure Sea
Earthborn Holistics
Holistic Selects

Theres more but it all depends on whats readily available in your area unless you boyfriend is willing to order online like I do from Chewy.com

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

DO NOT GET ADVANTIX!!! That is for DOGS ONLY and it will KILL your cat. It contains a chemical that is VERY toxic to cats. It says so on the packaging.

If you want something safe for cats, get Frontline Plus or ask your vet for a suggestion.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

um my boyfriend was just not well educated with food brands #and he is going to help me with the kitty expenses so far I have done most of the buying anyways I don't mind since I'm crazy for my little girl that is sleeping right next to me right now anyways yeah we are spliting cost he works, I don't I only recieve Disability Checks. I can do so much so the help from him is highly apreciated by both of us.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd View Post
DO NOT GET ADVANTIX!!! That is for DOGS ONLY and it will KILL your cat. It contains a chemical that is VERY toxic to cats. It says so on the packaging.

If you want something safe for cats, get Frontline Plus or ask your vet for a suggestion.
#It's a formula for kittens is not the ones for dogs. Is for kittens and then cats and the senior cats.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilykit View Post
#It's a formula for kittens is not the ones for dogs. Is for kittens and then cats and the senior cats.
Advantix is for dogs only. If you mean Advantage II (same company), that's available for cats but it only treats/prevents fleas. It provides no tick protection.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

oops I ment Advantage II I get confused sorry but yes that.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilykit View Post
oops I ment Advantage II I get confused sorry but yes that.
I assumed you actually meant Advantix because you said it treated/prevented ticks too. Just be sure to watch the product labels.