Hello! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Hello!

My girlfriend and I decided to create an account on the Cat Forums to talk with and get advice from other cat owners. We feel as though we have been taught how to raise our cat wrong or poorly and seek to be the best moms that our little man could have!

Our little man, Mortimer, was born around September 24th (at least, that's what his vet papers say), his mom had abandoned him and he was hand fed by a different family. That family's cat hated Mortimer - so we decided to make him a part of our family.

In the past, my mom had told me that wet food is bad for cat's teeth - without researching that for myself I just believed her and we have been feeding him a mostly dry diet. After some research, we now know this is not good and are working on changing his diet - and putting him on more of a schedule.

Currently, he eats "whenever he wants to", which is about a scoop of Purina Kitten Chow per day + 1 (small) can of Fancy Feast wet food. Hello preservatives and everything our baby doesn't need to eat! We will be changing his diet to eating 2-3 times per day (with a bit of quality dry food out when we are working), he will be eating Wellness - I haven't seen the CORE kind in our stores, but I'm going to check again. Any advice on other foods to feed him would be appreciated!

We know he isn't lacking for toys, he has basically half of the selection at PetSmart in our appartment right now - he LOVES to play with his toys. We also have a pretty nice cat tree in our living room so he can climb that rather than our legs.

We are both open to answering any questions about our baby and how we're raising him as well as any advice of how to improve his quality of life!
KatMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Hi KatMoms and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will get great answers to any questions you have. If you have questions about food then just post them in the Health and Nutrition forum. I hope you will post some pictures of your little man, Mortimer.

Jan
Janz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Peg
Kitten

You will get different answers about food but MY vet feels that dry food cleans their teeth. Feels that wet food isn't necessary unless the cat is ill( the caned food has water content) I'm giving my cat wet food once in a while. No people food ever! Look at the ingredient and buy the best quality you can afford. Purina has a great website..hope this helps and yes check the food forum..

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement