Need non-pate recommendations for sensitive bellies! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default Need non-pate recommendations for sensitive bellies!

I have a 1.5 year old cat that was having trouble vomiting every 7-10 days. She was on a diet of both wet and dry food (Friskies - they're very picky). My vet asked that I transition them both over to a duck and green pea diet. They're okay with the switch to the dry food but neither cat will touch the wet food I bought. I've learned from experience that my cats DO NOT like pate. My vet wants her (especially) on a diet of no corn, no grain, no beef, no polutry, no fish. I finally buckled last night and fed them a little canned Friskies shreds in Oceanfish and they both gobbled it up! Today I mixed a little Friskies with the natural balance I'm trying to feed them. I don't have a problem paying more for food if I need to but they just won't eat it! Any recommendations?! (Oh, the vet said I could try putting a little clam or tuna water in there. Doesn't work.)
Robin1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

Wellness makes non-pate versions too. It's grainless.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

ET loved Addiction Brushtail and I have heard from the supplier that Brushtail is very saleable, whcih means most cats love it. It's more like minced than pate, ET didn't like pate too, but I managed to get him to eat Wellness Core Turkey & Duck pate. Do you need a pict of the texture? I can take a pict and upload here.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Wellness has some grain-free minced, cubed, and sliced options that are grain-free but they all either contain poultry or fish...

Blue Buffalo has a Basics options that's grain-free but it also has poultry.

I think you're going to have a hard time finding food that meets these requirements. Are you feeding Science Diet dry food?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

my cat is the same we have taken away all his dry food and just looked on each brands ingredients turns out most of the foods have cereals, wheat & grains but we have found one without those ingredients I am based in the UK and it's a UK supermarket brand so I hope you find something suitable for your kitty and the food is fish based in jelly (tinned)
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

I am currently feeding Natural Balance duck and green pea in both the dry and wet (pate) form. I finally caved and starting mixing back a little oceanfish flavor friskies shreds just to convince them to eat it! So far, no vomiting from the little one (who is having the sensitivity issue). It's just a pain because I'm buying two types of canned food, mixing it, etc.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I might go to my vet to see if she agrees to open up the options a little since pate is not for either cat!
Robin1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Weruva looks and smells like human food and is grain free. I highly recommend it.

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

hi, i also have 2 very pick cats when it comes to wet food. so far all they will eat is fancy feast elengant medleys.. they will eat wellness minced tuna but it gives them loose stool, too much tuna i think..

have you tried any of the wellnes minced varietys?
Advertisement