Cat has kidney disease. HELP!! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

My cat has kidney disease. We hv been pumping her with saline everyday. If we don't pump her she will stop eating. She is eating fine now but a new problem crops up. So in your case, u have to pump her with saline water else she will continue to b lethargic. Send her back to the vet to do it if u can't do it yourself ?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by marie73; 11-21-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Lichin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

I'm so sorry about your kitty but definately take her back to the vet. Not eating is a huge deal. My broccoli was overweight (24 LBS) so the doctors thought for sure he had diabetes or some kind kidney disease but both vets I took him to were suprised to find his blood work exceptional. Unfortunately four days after my cat stopped eating completely, he passed away. I tried tempting him with wet food, baby food and force feeding with a syringe.
SuzieeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

Default HALELUJAH!!!!!! Shes getting better!!!

Thanks so much to everyone!!! So I gave her 150mL of fluid tuesday and the vet gave ger a shot of vitamin b12 and a steroid. A friend with vet experience came by wednesday and gave her another 150 mL and showed us how to feed her 4 syringes of liquid food (20mL) at one sitting taking short breaks. So we gave her 4 more later that night. We were not watering it down enough and it was too thick, but once we watered it down more it was easier to feed. We mixed "water-soaked"K/D dry food with pumpkin and baby food in a blender. So she had plenty of fluid and plenty water. I also gave her some nutrical via syringe. Today when we got home from Thanksgiving dinner we got the BEST SURPRISE OF OUR LIVES!!! She was meowing to greet us, walking around, followed me into the kitchen AND ATE SOME FANCY FEAST ALL BY HERSELF!!!!! She is doing so much better now. It is the best thanksgiving EVER!! She has eaten her fancy feast 3 seperate times now and is drinking water and jumping on furniture and loving on us. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY!!!!!! However she is still not 100% and a little weak and wobbly. But it looks like she will pull through. My question is does she have CRF or was it some sort of bug or poison?? Her bloodwork results showed her BUN at 31 and CREA at 2.5
mbecke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cat

I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through with your cat. My ten year old Golden Retriever also had kidney disease. She also would not eat. It was extremely heartbreaking. She was dying according to the vet and I did not want her to slowly starve to death so I asked my mom for her to be put down. I really feel for you... It is very sad when a pet stops eating and having a will to survive.
LunaTheHimmydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

So happy to hear this! I will keep your kitty in my thoughts and hope she continues to get better!
Kitty-The-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement