Electrocuted from biting cord - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle View Post
My friend's cat got a serious mouth burn from biting electrical cord. It's bad. Half her lip died and had to be cut off. The vet almost cut off her upper jaw on one side of her face. She's got a hole on one side of her face. Her face is deformed and might have to have a feeding tube. I love this cat. I hope she makes it. I'll be seeing my friend soon. I'm afriad of what i'll see.

If you have a cord biter better to be safe and use cord covers

Kathy
Yikes! This confirms my cord fear.
11201ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Cat electrocution update

My friend's cat, Zora, is doing so much better. I went to visit my friend and i was afraid of what Zora might look like. She has a small whole on the side of her mouth and you can see the bones on the gums. She's on pain meds, antibiotic, and a something to cleans the mouth daily. She plays and eats well and she's always into something, the little devil. She's a little cutey though. The only time she seems to be in pain is when she yawns but she's always sniffing the other 4 cats' butts.

My friend wanted me to tell you that Zora had bit on a major wire in the basement not a regular cord. So happy she's doing so well.

Kathy
razzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Yeah! I am so glad to hear that she is better! Ever since I read your story I have been thinking about her and worried about my cats and the cords in the house.
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Cat

Oh my.....I do hope her gum grows back?
dlowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Update burned mouth from biting a major wire and still bite another cord

Zora is doing much better. The roof of her mouth is healing. She is coming off pain meds but will be on an antibiotic for a while to curb future infections. So glad. I really like this cat. She acts like a normal cat that didn't burn her mouth from a major wire. What i remember about her the most is that she is a butt smeller. She's always smelling the other cats' butts. See she didn't need to be euthanized and she's lucky she had an owner who had the money. Cost so far $1300.00. which if i had the money i would pay. I would pay any cost if i had the money. Update-Carrie told me she was biting another cord. Stupid cat. I guess she didn't learn her lesson.

Kathy
Old 01-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Did you tell her about Crittercord?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Zora is doing much better. The roof of her mouth is healing. She is coming off pain meds but will be on an antibiotic for a while to curb future infections. So glad. I really like this cat. She acts like a normal cat that didn't burn her mouth from a major wire. What i remember about her the most is that she is a butt smeller. She's always smelling the other cats' butts. See she didn't need to be euthanized and she's lucky she had an owner who had the money. Cost so far $1300.00. which if i had the money i would pay. I would pay any cost if i had the money. Update-Carrie told me she was biting another cord. Stupid cat. I guess she didn't learn her lesson.

Kathy
When Zora was electrocuted she most likely went into shock. She doesn't know what happened to her, so is unable to make the connection between chewing on a cord and being electrocuted.

To her a cord is just something she likes to chew on. She is not stupid. Zora's family should be taking care that there are NO CORDS for Zora to chew, since they know she wants to chew cords.

All cords need to be covered with something. Inexpensive pipe insulation is the easiest way. They come with the split down the side already, just open the tube and put it around the cords.

And they should provide Zora with something safe to chew.
lovetimesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Update-Carrie told me she was biting another cord. Stupid cat. I guess she didn't learn her lesson.
This just burns my hide. The cat isn't the stupid one. Carrie is for not preventing her cat from chewing another cord.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
I think the kindest thing would have been to let her go.
Dittos. Sad.
I caught my Maddie chewing on a cord this morning. I have never seen her do that before. Just started (I hope). I don't know what got in to her. I shouted a loud NO!!! and clapped my hands at the same time, sending everyone running for cover. I hope she gets the message, but I will buy some Bitter Apple when I go out today.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kitties View Post
This just burns my hide. The cat isn't the stupid one. Carrie is for not preventing her cat from chewing another cord.
I second that..
Advertisement