How Often Do You Clean The Litterbox? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: How Often Do You Clean The Litterbox?
Once A Day 23 38.33%
Twice A Day 29 48.33%
A Few Times Per Week 7 11.67%
Once Per Week 1 1.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Mostly twice a day but sometimes more. It depends on if someone is really "stinking up the place." They have a habit of going right after I just cleaned the litter box as well. I just don't like the thought of them having to be in a dirty box.
Luvmyfurbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tom Cat

As a side note: I have a really fast system. I buy these packs of 50 vinyl gloves and tiny plastic bags. When I get ready to clean, I put on the glove and scoop away. When I'm done, the glove goes in the bag and the bag goes in the garage and there is no mess. I don't have to worry about where to keep a dirty scooper.
Luvmyfurbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cat

I don't think my cat would go if there's already something in the box (she sniffs and walks away), so I pretty much scoop it out every time she uses it, usually about 3 times a day. I dump and clean it about once a month.
nicichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetimesfour View Post
Minimum three times a day. But usually much more often than that, because if I am home and I hear a cat in the boxes, I just go down right away and scoop it out. And I always check them before I leave the house and when I first walk in. So yeah, lots of times. I didn't vote in the poll, since there is no choice for that.

Dump and scrub once a week.

as above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Victoriax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Kitten

scoop the poop every day and put fresh litter every 2-3 days depending on the stinky pee & i use cat san litter

also I have found litter bags are ineffective and just get loads of holes in them don't know why I even bothered with them & a good scrub with baby bottle sanitizer cleans up the tray real good.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicichan View Post
I don't think my cat would go if there's already something in the box (she sniffs and walks away), so I pretty much scoop it out every time she uses it, usually about 3 times a day.
I noticed ET sniffed the whole box 1st before using. Each time before going into his box, he will meow real loudly "I'm gonna poop", then immediately after finishing, he will meow real loudly again "I have finished, please clean up", lol...Funny, if he pee, he doesn't meow at all. The way he meow, I know he's gonna do his big business.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Once a day usually. I've skipped days when I'm tired and it doesn't really get too bad.

I don't empty it and clean the entire box very often though. I usually do it every 3 months or so.

I use World's Best Multi-Cat and it works very well for me. Some people hate it. Some people love it. I fall in the latter group.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cat Addict

We have so many litter boxes that there is never very much to clean in each one. The least popular box often doesn't have anything in it.

katlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I clean it at least 3 times a day, but I change it completely every second - third day.
Elvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
scoop the poop every day and put fresh litter every 2-3 days depending on the stinky pee & i use cat san litter

also I have found litter bags are ineffective and just get loads of holes in them don't know why I even bothered with them & a good scrub with baby bottle sanitizer cleans up the tray real good.
You should be scooping pee too, you shouldn't leave the pee in the litter box. Pee won't stink if it isn't left in the box. And..poor kitty, how can she even dig? Leaving the pee is going to cause litter box avoidance problems sooner or later.
lovetimesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement