Heartbroken - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I'm so, so sorry. This makes me very teary eyed. I know your pain all to well. When I rescued a Persian two years ago, I had only had him for eight months before he suddenly passed away. What makes it worse is there was no answers ad to the why of it. I too held him afterwards and I think about that moment often. But in a good way. I told him all the things I wanted him to know. I took comfort in all the things everyone here keeps saying: "at least he knew love from you while he was here. That someone cared deeply for them no matter how little the time was."
I did adopt again, not to replace him because that would never be possible, but to refocus my attention on something positive and to help save another little life. That turned out to be a very important part of my healing process.
Hugs to you!
Luvmyfurbabies is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyfurbabies View Post
I'm so, so sorry. This makes me very teary eyed. I know your pain all to well. When I rescued a Persian two years ago, I had only had him for eight months before he suddenly passed away. What makes it worse is there was no answers ad to the why of it. I too held him afterwards and I think about that moment often. But in a good way. I told him all the things I wanted him to know. I took comfort in all the things everyone here keeps saying: "at least he knew love from you while he was here. That someone cared deeply for them no matter how little the time was."
I did adopt again, not to replace him because that would never be possible, but to refocus my attention on something positive and to help save another little life. That turned out to be a very important part of my healing process.
Hugs to you!
It's hard to be in the house but then I feel guilty when I do leave because he's buried by our house with a cross and I feel like I'm leaving him. I know he's not alive but i don't want him to feel like he's alone out there. I don't know what to do
xLacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

You did everything you could and what is worrying you now shouldn't. He isn't there. I believe he is in a perfect place - he's well and enjoying himself but he still remembers you as a great love.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLacie View Post
It's hard to be in the house but then I feel guilty when I do leave because he's buried by our house with a cross and I feel like I'm leaving him. I know he's not alive but i don't want him to feel like he's alone out there. I don't know what to do

I know exactly what you mean. But he is not there.........he is in your heart. So he is everywhere you go, truly. I comprehended this when I held him when he was gone. His body was there, but everything that made him who he was, wasn't, if that makes sense.
It's a really hard time, I know. One day you will look at those pictures of him and smile instead of cry; but it does take time.
So sorry.............
Luvmyfurbabies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I am so sorry about your loss.
rdswan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks for replying guys. It means a lot. I ate for the first time today since Friday. I had to work today and it was hard. A girl from work gave me a sympathy card and little stocking with his name on it. It was very sweet. I wish we could have had more time together
xLacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Just wanted to say sorry for your loss.
Jeckybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I am so sorry about the loss of your kitten. He was a beautiful boy. You and your fiancée loved him and gave him every chance. I have lost pets in the past and this has been a comfort to me. Wish there was something else I could do for you.

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement