I have a request - Please - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Wow, we almost moved to Rio Rico. My aunt had a house there, not too far from the IGA grocery store.

I think you are right about the donation in Benson. Do you remember when they had the library cat in Benson?

Nogales was always a tough place to find a decent vet for us. We were only there occasionally, but we usually took the pets all the way back to Sonoita or Sierra Vista, where there were some better vets.

Sahuarita is pretty country. Are those pecan orchards I remember near there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #32 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlaya67 View Post
I am very sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing to do to a poor sick kitty. You may want to file a complain with your states veterinary board against that vet. You may be saving other pets lives. That is no way to run a vet's office.
Thank you, Jetlaya. I am looking into that, too. I've been told I may get faster action through the county.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder View Post
Iím very sorry for your loss.

Sounds like you have the same vet as I had. My place was run by an older gentleman who really cared and was very knowledgeable. Then I guess he retired because a young lady took over then it was just about the money and things went downhill from there with fees going up
Thanks, Builder.

Your situation sounds very familiar. When the good vet we had retired, two younger men took over the office. The issues started right away, and all the rates went up.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #34 (permalink)
Cat

What a horrible ordeal for you and your dear little cat. I am so sorry. A total nightmare and shocking treatment. Thank you for doing your best to give this experience some meaning and allowing others to benefit.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #35 (permalink)
Cat

I have found a practice that I am really happy with. All animals get a long consultation the first time where a thorough history is taken and the vet finds out all she can about the animal's personality and personal quirks. They make enormous efforts to get the animal relaxed and happy with them....even my shy cat ended up greeting all staff with kisses when she had to stay there when she was desperately sick.

They make every effort they can to practice preventive medicine.

Of course, I have now moved 45 kilometers from them!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #36 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You remember right! The pecan orchards are in GV bordering Sahaurita! Weve done a lot of TNR by LaPosada retirement community by the big wash. Plus by the community gardens! I run by the wash most days!

I know where the IGA in Rio Rico is. One of my favorite vets is right down the frontage road there. Dr Horton! Lots of illegals passing thru Rio Rico. I chased a dog down 19 one day and rescued it. We trap in Tubac too!

We love the look of the grasslands in Sonoita. We did the winery tour and did the Empire Ranch tour! Youd enjoy the book Crossers since you lived in that area. Full of the history in its story.

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #37 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlaya67 View Post
I am very sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing to do to a poor sick kitty. You may want to file a complain with your states veterinary board against that vet. You may be saving other pets lives. That is no way to run a vet's office.
I was just about to post this.

I'm sorry for your loss.
I've always had good luck with vets. I don't know if it's because I'm a "people doctor" so get special treatment, but I'd like to think that it's because they are just good vets. I've always chosen them by asking around. My current vet office has won quite a few awards and were very caring when my 8-year old kitty was diagnosed and dying of cancer. They ran tests for free, stayed open late when she was nearing her end so that our family could see her, etc.

I hope that you can find solace that you're little one is no longer suffering. Again, sorry for your loss. I know that it's hard.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcats View Post
Thank you, Arianwen. I just wanted to let people know to keep their eyes open. It's sort of a memoriam for Little Jaws.
I will. Thanks for warning me. Sorry you and Jaws had to go through that.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
You remember right! The pecan orchards are in GV bordering Sahaurita! Weve done a lot of TNR by LaPosada retirement community by the big wash. Plus by the community gardens! I run by the wash most days!

I know where the IGA in Rio Rico is. One of my favorite vets is right down the frontage road there. Dr Horton! Lots of illegals passing thru Rio Rico. I chased a dog down 19 one day and rescued it. We trap in Tubac too!

We love the look of the grasslands in Sonoita. We did the winery tour and did the Empire Ranch tour! Youd enjoy the book Crossers since you lived in that area. Full of the history in its story.
Hello Mitts,

I will definitely check that book out! If you are interested in history try to find a copy of "Ghosts of the Adobe Walls" by Nell Murbarger. It is fascinating.

Have you done the Tombstone/Bisbee trip yet? If you do, try to stop in Fairbank along route 82 north of Tombstone. It's small, but very cool.

Also, have you been to Chiracahua, yet? Well worth the visit.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

dlowan, Pursestan, JustOneMore, and any one I might have overlooked

Thanks again to all of you for all the kind words and thoughts. If anyone who reads this remembers to keep their eyes open, maybe something positive can be salvaged from this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread