Eating less wet vs. eating dried.. Normal? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 20,531
Default

How much does he weigh? I tend to use 20-25 calories per pound depending on activity level.
__________________


And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
How much does he weigh? I tend to use 20-25 calories per pound depending on activity level.
Base on 20-25 calories per pound, ET would need about 260 calories per day. I just calculated the amount I feed, it worked out to be about less than 150 calories per day for ET. He lost approx 500gm in 2mths, was at 5.8kg just 10days ago, then I weighed him again just 2days ago, he was at 6kg, put back 200gm. He is getting less calorie, but his weight goes up and down between 5.8 and 5.9kg.

Anyway, is there a problem when he is getting lesser calorie? about 50% lesser?
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
Base on 20-25 calories per pound, ET would need about 260 calories per day. I just calculated the amount I feed, it worked out to be about less than 150 calories per day for ET. He lost approx 500gm in 2mths, was at 5.8kg just 10days ago, then I weighed him again just 2days ago, he was at 6kg, put back 200gm. He is getting less calorie, but his weight goes up and down between 5.8 and 5.9kg.

Anyway, is there a problem when he is getting lesser calorie? about 50% lesser?
Sorry, I just realised I may be off topic.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cat
 
Pushkabounce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 266
Default

He is 7.3kg which is 16lb I think, the vet says he should be about 6kg, 13.23lbs. He told me to feed him 2 wet pouches and 26g of dry according to his goal weight but thats when we lost weight too fast. So I upped to 30g dry and he hasnt lost a bean since and each day I never know if he will eat much of his wet.
Pushkabounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tom Cat
 
grrawritsjordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushkabounce View Post
So I upped to 30g dry and he hasnt lost a bean since and each day I never know if he will eat much of his wet.
What kind of wet do you feed him? If you have access to Innova, it has been proven to satisfy the pickiest of cats. It is really good for them, too. If you would like, check it out to see if it is something your cat would want.
__________________
grrawritsjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cat
 
Pushkabounce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 266
Default

Ill see if I can get it easily in the UK. He has a variety of hilife, naturesmenu, james wellbeloved and sometimes the crappy supermarket ones.
Pushkabounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tom Cat
 
grrawritsjordi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 531
Default

I know Amazon carries it. I am not sure if there is someone that sells it that ships to the UK.
__________________
grrawritsjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat
 
Pushkabounce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Posts: 266
Default

Thank you I ordered some bozita today, worth a go!
Pushkabounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tom Cat
 
anie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: LR, AR
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrawritsjordi View Post
What kind of wet do you feed him? If you have access to Innova, it has been proven to satisfy the pickiest of cats. It is really good for them, too. If you would like, check it out to see if it is something your cat would want.
My cats hate Innova :/ I wish they would eat it, but they dont even come closer if I put it on their plates. One would starve himself to death rather that eat it, the other will eat eventually, but only enough to survive.. ?

so it just confirms that every cat is different..

I officially envy appetites of your cats! they eat Innova and eat it cold from fridge! you are lucky!
__________________
Anna + Josie and Blackberry
anie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Kitten
 
Zooey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 10
Default

From what I have read, a cat should eat between 20 and 30 calories per pound of cat.
Zooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com