Need Help asap Cat Urinating on Carpet...I am going nuts.
I am going nuts trying to figure out why my cat has started urinating and sometimes deficating on the carpet.
Cat: 2 year old Orienatal, Neturted Male. (I also have another male netured cat, 1 year old... There are no fights or issues going on with their relationship.)
Background: My kitty started doing this about 1 month ago. He ONLY goes to the bathroom 1 (once) a day on the carpet.
99% of the time he just pees in the same spot.... the other 1% of the time he urintes and deficats.
This all happens in the same location in my den, to the side of my fire place.
He pees sitting down, so he is NOT spraying.
I took him to the vet for a medical check. They said he had a VERY mild UTI, no crystals. We did a round of Clavimoux.
What I have tried thus far:
-Feliway plug in diffuser
-Feliway spray on the carpet
-Added another style of litter box in another location (can't put it in the Den! Where he is peeing)
-Natura's Miricle and serveral other products
There have been no stressful event going on in my home other than:
-Feeding another friends cat at their home.
-Painted Den and hallway in mid Nov. (cats are used to me painting)
The only other odd thing that happened was that my 1 year old kitty had to have leg surgery.
So before the surgery, their litter box was in an enclosed space in my garage. The litter box is a Cat Genie (automatic box hooked into house plumbing), which both cats have used for 9 months with no problems.
Since my 1 year old kitty could not go up and down the stairs into their garage enclosed litter box, I had to put a "normal" box into the laundry rm. Time period of the moved litter box was Oct. 24 to Nov. 24.
Nov. 24th, I moved the "normal" litter box out to the Garage and put it beside their "old" automatic box. I left the normal box beside the automatic box for 3 days. I then took away the "normal" litter box so that they only had their "old" automatic litter box to use.
2 weeks later, the 2 year old cat started peeing on the carpet.
I can't figure this out! It makes no sense to me.
1. If the issue was a UTI, then he would have used the carpet to pee on 100% of the time, not just 1 time a day.