Question about Cat Flu. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Question about Cat Flu.

So my cat caught the cat flu ( or something ) at the SPCA when getting spayed... a bit annoyed... she was vaccinated against rhino and all that ( up to the last shot ) so dunno?

Anyhow, I read alot on the web and there is nothing really to do than wait it out unless some other symptoms appear which the vet prescribes anti biotics. She really has only been sneezing a few times per hour ( with discharge, i know, her favorite spot to sneeze is either right up to my face or right in front of the big lcd tv ). the discharge is clear. She doesn't have any other symptoms really, heard her cough a few times but i think thats due to her drinking water too fast. She does eat normally etc, but is more tired. She cuddles and sleeps much more but still plays.

I plan on going to the vet anyhow just to make sure everything is ok ( whats a 50$ price for a life right? ) but refrained up to now as i didn't want to stress her more putting her in a cage and going through the cold ( its been a **** of a holiday winter up north ). And they closed alot except for emergencies during the holidays.

She's had it for almost 10 days now, with noisy breathing ( like us when the holes in the nose are limited due to boogers hehe ) and sneezing being the only symptoms...I guess i shouldn't be too worried right? Its just that I read it can be dangerous in young cats and thats got me stressed. She is 5 months.
autoexec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

to add, been keeping the house warmer and she likes to sleep under the sheets in my bed lately ( which keeps her warm ) so i installed a humidifier in the room. I guess i'm trying to make her comfortable. I just know she's not feeling top shape and it break my heart! I had all these gifts for her to play with for christmas !
autoexec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

My vet also recommended a humidifer when my cat was sneezing and scratching a lot. But it only lasted for 3 or 4 days, and she wasn't coughing.

I'd take her to the vet as soon as possible, just to make sure, as you said. 10 days seems like an awfully long time for that to be going on.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I have to agree that 10 days seems like a long time. A vet visit may be in order. Come prepared with a stool sample too, just in case they want to test for other maladies. Hope baby is feeling better soon!!!
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement