How long does canned food last in the fridge? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I leave the wet cat food out that i'll use for the day because my cats don't like cold food and i heard that reheating wet food decreases the nutritional value.

Kathy
razzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kit
Jr. Cat

One of my kittens won't eat it if I warm it up. She'll eat it at room temperature (open a new can) or cold from the fridge. The other cat will eat anything, so I feed it to them cold.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by anie View Post
absolutely!
on a can it is even written that after opening can food should be stored in the fridge. i have stored cat food in the fridge up to 48 hours after opening. i always warm it up before serving, usually take it out to room temp hour or so before feeding and also add a bit of hot water to it just before serving.)
Wow anie your one great cat mom! My cats get it cold strait out of the fridge. But they still gobble it up like they've been starved. The bottomless pits!

To answer the OP, the only big cans that I buy are Felidae and I believe the packaging says refrigerate after opening and discard after 3 days. I've stretched it to 4 without any problems... And if there is any doubt, it gets fed to my blue heeler mix who certainly never complains. For some reason she just goes crazy for cat food, even if its a week old! lol
Lady's Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I buy the bigger cans as well and keep them in the fridge I think Boo goes through a can about once every 4 days and it keeps fine. I use the can saver and find them pretty good.

I dont have a microwave so I run her bowl under the hot water and then add the food.
britishvixen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement