Blue Buffalo Wilderness and Freedom - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Blue Buffalo Wilderness and Freedom

Hey guys,

Just to give a review of this brand. I switched him over to a all wet diet about 3 weeks ago. He looks leaner, has more energy, and just seems to be overall more happy.

I was using Newman's Own organic cat food, which was great. I recently tried BB Wilderness-- Duck, Turkey, Chicken, Salmon. My cat loves each of them! All grain free to boot.

I also try the Freedom BB brand, since it is lower in calories.

I keep Cyrus's calorie intake at around 200-230 a day at most and he seems to be keeping a steady weight of 11 pounds. I feed him anywhere between 3 and 5 times a day, usually going through 6oz of food a day (200-230 calories)

Anyway, any others use this brand? I like that it is grain free, and lots of good ingredients. A little pricey, but my cat is worth it. If only I could feed myself for 1.30 a day, LOL

Last edited by xxKennyDxx; 01-05-2013 at 07:43 PM.
xxKennyDxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

I feed it to Gazoo, along with Wellness, Wellness Core, and Evo 95. He loves it, although I could probably put shredded paper in his bowl and he'd eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

There are several people who don't like Blue Buffalo due to the company's policies (they won't give certain nutritional information that other companies do - I don't remember exactly what), but I don't think there have been complaints about the food. I've tried all brands and all flavors of wet food due to one of my fussy cats who's frequently constipated. My girls liked BW chicken and turkey for a while, then they refused to eat it anymore. I'm about to try the duck. They also get some BW dry (chicken), which they love. I tried the BB Basics (fish), which they also liked, but the minute I put out the BW chicken, they went straight to it.

They also liked the Wellness Core chicken turkey & chicken liver for a while.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Blue Buffalo is certainly above average. Their grain-free wet food isn't bad, I'm not a fan of the dry food though because it's rather carby.

I do take issue with their lack of transparency. They refuse to give a nutrient analysis report. Other companies either post this on their websites or provide it upon request. IIRC, BB said they wouldn't provide it because of competition which seems to be nonsense given the other companies do it. It's not so important with a healthy cat but it can be very useful if your cat needs a special diet.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

i feel the same way scott does, except i just won't buy it on principle. their failure to disclose looks shady to me, especially when all the other higher end companies do so without a problem.

my cats really like the freedom grain-free dry (but only get a little). it took them from the middle of may until about a week ago to finish 3 lbs. but i won't buy anything else they sell.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement