New to Cat Forum - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Lightbulb New to Cat Forum

Hi there! I am proudly owned by four beautiful tabby cats named Raja, Fred, Ronald, and Ginny aka Little Bit. I am also the feeder for a group of feral cats who have discovered that I am the Crazy Cat Lady At The End Of The Block. I found this forum while researching a problem that Ronald has been having with his eyes. He had an eye infection when he was a kitten (he is two years old now) and it was treated with vet approved eye ointment. Lingering problems include that his eyes shine differently than the other cats in the same light, his eyes always seem a bit weepy, one eye squints more than others, he reaches out very slowly and deliberately when attempting to touch something while also stretching out his nose and squinting. He also runs head first into furniture, humans, other cats... and he has a HARD head. I don't think that he has good depth perception, and just wondered if anyone has any insight into what is going on here.

My furbabies are extremely spoiled, and I'm always greeted at the front door with head bonks and meows when I come in from work. These babies are my children, now.... and love can't begin to hint about how I feel about these beautiful creatures... (even when Raja is using my knee as an anchor so that he can clean his backside... OUCH)

Last edited by marie73; 01-06-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Kathrynbeth67214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

Hello and welcome! I'm new to the forum also, it's a really great place! My cat has an eye problem also, he has an infection that won't heal and his third eye is very swollen. I've been doing allot of reading and came across this article....http://www.ehow.com/list_5962326_cat...-problems.html. Hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Queencreekmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Ha! Welcome to the Crazy Cat Lady at the End of the Block from the Crazy Cat Lady of Kings Grant (subdivision)! You will really enjoy this forum.

Our Missy has had two major eye surgeries for corneal sequestrums which are very painful for the cat. Her opthalmologist was just wonderful. Was wondering if you had ever gotten a consultation to see a dedicated eye vet? Try putting some moisturizing drops in his eyes and see if that helps, too. I had to do that for almost a year after Missy's surgery and it helped alot with her comfort.
Advertisement