getting cat pee off the cat?! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Well, so we had The Bath. That was fun....I forgot to put a little towel on the floor of the tub (I don't have a laundry tub), so both the cat and I were sliding around. I nearly broke her foreleg (?). She yowled the whole time, but she let me wash her. I bought a shampoo called Veterinary Formula Clinical Care, hypoallergenic shampoo. I put a couple of inches of water in the tub, then filled a dish pan with water. I rubbed a little shampoo into a washcloth and started rinsing her off with water from the dishpan.

And that's when things got really fun. I thought I'd closed the shower door all the way, but apparently not. Celia managed to jump out. I figured she was rinsed off enough and got out of the tub, making puddles on the floor. Got the towel, but she was totally panicked and ran into the litter box. With soaking wet paws. She quickly figured out that that was a bad idea and ran out, right through the puddles of water. Wet litter ALL over the bathroom rugs and tile.

AND, she still smells. But now I'm wondering if it's her anal glands and not pee that I'm smelling? I don't know what the secretion smells like but Margaux had to have hers expressed a few times, and the vet told me that it smells positively awful. The hindquarters are stink-free, but when I sniff closer to her tail, I get a whiff of stink.

I'm taking her to the vet as soon as I can get her in.
spirite is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Oh my, sounds like quite an adventure. If her anal glands are full, that would definitely explain the smell. Hope the vet can help.

dweamgoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement