Avoderm Cat Canned - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Default Avoderm Cat Canned

Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Ocean Fish, Turkey, Oat Bran, Rice Flour, Avocado Oil, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Taurine, Carrageenan, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Potassium Iodide, Manganous Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite, Biotin.

Did a search of previous post on Avoderm. The only mention is, its a good brand and Salmon flavour is better. But what I see in the Natural Chicken flavour, it contains rice flour, but which is far back at the 7th place. Does it mean, it contain lesser amount of rice? I like the price and that it doesn't have any vegetable, but didn't like the rice flour as well as ocean fish. Any opinion on this?
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I remember that someone here thought that avocado oil was a bad thing, though I don't know why. I liked that it didn't have vegetables too, but unfortunately, my girls didn't like any of the flavors I tried. Is the flavor you're talking about chicken? Or oceanfish? I don't remember that one, and I definitely didn't try the salmon; neither my girls nor my stray will touch salmon.

However, the stray that I feed loves the Avoderm tuna & prawns, so he gets that as a treat every few days.

The food isn't not grain-free, but it doesn't seem so bad. No by-products and the first five ingredients are actual chicken & fish.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Its the Natural Chicken canned. Ya, its not grain-free, but rice flour is far back in the list, hope it isn't too bad. I didn't wanna include anymore fish, so not considering the other fish flavour. ET is already getting Burp Salmon once a week. I wanna try this chicken flavour, though he is allergic to chicken, but TOTW's 1st ingredient is chicken, he is ok with that and the kibbles also have chicken as 1st ingredient. So, I suspect, he is only allergic to Fussie Cat Chicken. Will have to try to know.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
I remember that someone here thought that avocado oil was a bad thing, though I don't know why.
Avocado skin and pits can be poisonous for cats/dogs but the flesh, and therefore the oil extracted from it, are not a problem. It is very good for skin & coat.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thanks doodlebug for the assurance.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Cat

There is a grain free canned avoderm available now. I think they have several flavors online. I usually only see one or two in the store though...

Heres a label from the chicken chunks entree flavor:
Chicken, Chicken Broth, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Guar Gum, Tricalcium Phosphate, Avocado Oil, Taurine, Carrageenan, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12), Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide),Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thanks Zilla, will keep a lookout, don't think its available in Sg yet, have searched local online store, will go look around at petshop though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement