S.O.S-Worried - Page 6 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #51 (permalink)

I just finished reading the thread about snowy. My kittys are ok right now but we are dealing with similar issues with our dog. We were told the same things regarding how kidney disease can be moderate for a while and then go into the final stages very quickly- you gave snowy the best care and love. My big decision comes tomorrow because along with the kidneys is severe spinal arthritis so mobility on a 60 lb dog is a bigger issue right now over how to manage the kidneys.
I told my husband we have to look at quality of life and not keep an animal going because we are not ready to let go.- It is a very hard decision for all involved
dwhygienist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #52 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Kitty-The-Kat, that's a touching story. 21-22 years is indeed a respectable age!! I only wish I could have brought snowy that far as well, even though 19 is not far off. What you guys have particularly driven home with me is the point that I should focus on her quality of life and I shouldn't be blinded by emotions..And i'm thankful for that.

What you said about one of your cats knowing about the other one's death sounds so familiar. When I was a kid we had a black cat named Cleo. Some years later we got an addition when my sister brought home a cat named Cookie. Unfortunately one dat Cookie got hit by a car not far from our house and I think Cleo withnessed it. He didn't eat for days and eventually died in our living room......quite sure of a broken heart...

I'm quite sure your current cat will attain a respectable old age with a joyful heart, specially with a good owner like yourself.
StrikeEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #53 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

dwhygienist- I know exactly what you mean by that difficult choice. How is the dog at the moment? I hope and pray that that spinal arthritis can be overcome with proper medication....It has been 2 days since you posted...Hope the situation is good. Please do keep us posted k and thanks for your kind words.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #54 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I wish you and Snowy all the strength in the world. What a difficult time, but what a good call in canceling your appointment. I hope that you both continue to hang in there.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Snowy turned for the worse this morning...
She woke me up by calling me and I've been laying on the floor next to her bed ever since 3:30 AM. It's 7:23 now.......At first se seemed to be in discomfort and having trouble breathing (not gasping). Now she seems to have bounced back but still in discomfort. I have seen cats die and she isn't gasping yet but just resting in her bed with me next to her. The vet opens at 9.....I pray to God that she doesn't suffer any great pains ....Want to take her to the vet ASAP to relief her and send her to Rainbow Bridge...............
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #56 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I'm sorry to hear she's taken a turn for the worse. Here's some Indigo Girls lyrics that helped to comfort me when I've had to make this heartbreaking choice for some of my babies...

"I wish you insight to battle love's blindness
Strength from the milk of human kindness
A safe place for all the pieces that scatter
Learn to pretend there's more than love that matters..."
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Hard for you - my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #58 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thank you all for all the support and compassion.
I was to write in detail of what happened today, but right now i can't get myself to write much actually. The last time I felt anywhere close to this was when I lost my dad in Dec 2010. For some it may be a weird comparison, but that just might say how much Snowy meant to me.

Some of you already know since I communicated it through pvt message. I took Snowy to the vet today at 1:40 and she was pronounced dead around 14:00 after been given the injection. She took her last breath while in my arms.....

Really feel as if a locomotive has smashed into my chest...Will opt to sleep on the couch tonight instead of in my room. This way I'll avoid waking up and automatically looking on the ground next to me where Snowy always used to be....

I love you guys. You ALL made it so much easier for me......means a lot.
Specially Razzle for giving me the material to do my research on CKD......
And Marcia for your huge heart and support...

People like you guys still give me hope in humanity...

Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #59 (permalink)

You did so much.......you did the most compassionate thing you could possibly do.....
I lost my dad a year ago and I agree, losing my Artie would feel the same..
artiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I wasn't writing in your thread but I was reading it.
I am so sorry, I know exactly what you mean about locomotive smashing your chest... Unfortunately I know that feeling...

and I lost my dad too. he died in accident.
i dont know what worse, seeing loved ones (both animals and people) dying slowly or loosing them suddenly and unexpectedly...

my heart goes to you...
run free over the rainbow bridge Snowy! until you guys meet again!
Anna + Josie and Blackberry

Last edited by anie; 01-28-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: typo
anie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links