S.O.S-Worried - Page 6 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

So very sad. I know what you're going through. Good luck.
Kitty-The-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thanks Kitty-The-Kat and Marcia...

Took this picture this evening (a few minutes ago) right after giving Snowy her SubQ.
I found her resting so peacefully and serene that the thought of her not being around had I decided to take her to the vet for euthanizaton this afternoon is scary....

Apologies for the cam. quality. Was a VGA cam of an old phone.
Attached Thumbnails
S.O.S-Worried-snowy-vga.jpg  
StrikeEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #53 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default S.O.S-Worried

Oh I am so sorry that you are going through. It is such a tough decision especially when they are purring and looking at you with their big eyes. Sometimes that is their way of telling us that it is okay to let them go.

Snowy has had a great life with lots of love and care from you.

Instead of saying good bye, say I'll see you later.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

That picture is so sad. I took a very similar one of my cat the day before I took her to the vet to put her to sleep. She was thin and frail and curled up in her bed, just like that. I cry every time I look at the photo, even though it's been 20 years now.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #55 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thanks for putting it that way soccer girl.......................I like the "see you later" part...

Kitty The Cat....ay ...that's sad........................but won't be surprised at all if I follow the same path....
Am sure you spoilt that cat a lot and for the last 20 years your cat has been monitoring you closely from heaven and patiently waiting to receive you up there one day.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Hey I got my first "kitty star"... .......... This one is for you Snowy....
Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #57 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccergrl76 View Post
Oh I am so sorry that you are going through. It is such a tough decision especially when they are purring and looking at you with their big eyes. Sometimes that is their way of telling us that it is okay to let them go.

Snowy has had a great life with lots of love and care from you.

Instead of saying good bye, say I'll see you later.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
What a sweet thought! Say I'll see you 'again'!!! Snowy will always be a part of your life.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

To add insult to injury, after I finished visiting my mother back then (it was for Thanksgiving), I flew back home to Seattle, and then just a few days later, my mother called to tell me she found one of our other two cats dead in the road, many many blocks away. We had no idea he ventured so far away. Though we never noticed the two cats were particularly close, we wondered if the second cat knew something was wrong and had ventured far in search of the first cat.

I also happened to take a photo of that other cat on the same day (or maybe it was the day after?) I took the last photo of my other kitty. So on one trip, I somehow managed to get the last photos ever taken of two of my childhood cats.

But in one note of good news, the third cat we had at that time finally passed away a few years ago at the ripe old age of 21 or 22! I'm currently doing everything I can to get my current cat to live that long! That would be a dream come true.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #59 (permalink)
Kitten

I just finished reading the thread about snowy. My kittys are ok right now but we are dealing with similar issues with our dog. We were told the same things regarding how kidney disease can be moderate for a while and then go into the final stages very quickly- you gave snowy the best care and love. My big decision comes tomorrow because along with the kidneys is severe spinal arthritis so mobility on a 60 lb dog is a bigger issue right now over how to manage the kidneys.
I told my husband we have to look at quality of life and not keep an animal going because we are not ready to let go.- It is a very hard decision for all involved
dwhygienist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #60 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Kitty-The-Kat, that's a touching story. 21-22 years is indeed a respectable age!! I only wish I could have brought snowy that far as well, even though 19 is not far off. What you guys have particularly driven home with me is the point that I should focus on her quality of life and I shouldn't be blinded by emotions..And i'm thankful for that.

What you said about one of your cats knowing about the other one's death sounds so familiar. When I was a kid we had a black cat named Cleo. Some years later we got an addition when my sister brought home a cat named Cookie. Unfortunately one dat Cookie got hit by a car not far from our house and I think Cleo withnessed it. He didn't eat for days and eventually died in our living room......quite sure of a broken heart...

I'm quite sure your current cat will attain a respectable old age with a joyful heart, specially with a good owner like yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement