Hello guys! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Exclamation Hello guys!

I'm new to cat forum and I can't wait to be part of the community. My name, KittyBoy is the name of one and half your old cat that died a few days ago and I have some questions that my vet couldn't give a straight answer to.
KittyBoy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I hope someone here can help you get some answers.
CourtneyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Unhappy How to get over the passing of a cat?

Before I explain if I'm not supposed to post this here sorry. Anyway recently my cat, Olie or kitty boy, passed away. He was a year and a half old. We brought him to the vet before school because he was vomiting white foam, after school called my mom and she said the vet called and said he had some blockage in his stomach and it will be a easy surgery he'll stay the night then go home the next day. I was okay at least he's fine then about a hour later the vet calls and says that there wasn't blockage it was a bunch of tumors, like 5 or something, in his stomach and that it would be a rough surgery and recovery and that we would be lucky if he survived. So we put him down and I've been crying about since Thursday and I can't get over it. He was such a major part of life. Also we have a 4 or 3 month old kitten, Inky, that we found in August that has pretty much been growing up with Olie and is now confused and crying all the time. He hasn't sleep much and he's been roaming the house looking for him. I don't how to get over it and I don't know what to about Inky.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I am so sorry for your loss! I know this must be heartbreaking for you. It is certainly a difficult surgery and recovery for the cat would have been a very, very lengthy and painful - if he had even survived at all. With that many tumors there is a huge probability that the cancer would have recurred. Putting him down was the best option in my opinion. I hate to second guess vets - I have never met a vet in all of my years of cat ownership that did not put the best interest of the pet first. I'm confident she/he gave the right recommendation.
That does not make the loss any less painful I know, nor does it help the surviving kitten pal, Inky. Only time will do that for both of you.
When my Annie died, our Maggie just walked the floors all hours of the day and night searching for her and crying so pitifully. It was heartbreaking to see her grieve, but eventually she came to realize Annie was not coming home. Time will heal your pain and it won't be long before you will go through an hour and then a day without crying. Pretty soon you will smile at the good memories you have of Olie. I wish you the very best!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum, although it's so sad to read about the passing of your cat. Losing them at any age is a terrible heartbreak, but when they're that young you also have to wonder why. (I lost our first cat at age 3.)

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks guys sorry I answered back so late I had computer problems. Inky has gotten better but still kinda looks for him, we had collars with a bell for each them and we set up a urn with Olie collars on it and the bell jingled. Inky came running cuz he heard the sound and that made him start crying when he couldn't find him.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I am really sorry about the loss of your kitty. You and Inky need time to grieve. I hope when you think about him, think of the good times you had with him. I had a dog and my female cat was very attached to her. The dog had Lung cancer and we had to put her down. Like Inky, Niska used to go searching from room to room, meowing, calling Lilly. It takes a while but your heart and Inky's will heal. Again I am very sorry. Please hang around and ask any questions you may have, talk to other kitty owners.
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement