when is it time to put a cat to sleep - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default when is it time to put a cat to sleep

I agree that when they are too ill to be themselves or they can never recover then its time. I only experienced this once so far. When I was a kid we were given a springer spaniel who was 3 at the time. At first she was super playful and healthy. 6 months later she started to go blind in both eyes. The she had chronic ear infections then she developed this horrible skin condition where she would itch and get sores everywhere. We had her three more years but when she turned six things got much worse. She would bite herself raw and would have bloody patches all over her skin... She wouldn't greet us anymore and slept 24/7 and I didn't know until years later that each vet visit costed my parents $900 in medication that still didn't work .. The last two weeks she's stopped eating all together. My parents knew it was time. It was heart breaking but it wasn't fair to make her suffer like that. If any of my girls get that way I won't hesitate to euthanize.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement