What is the craziest thing your cat has eaten (or tried to)? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Maisie once managed to get into my purse and unwrap and eat an unused tampon. That was the day I realized he knows how to open zippers. I still have no idea what caused him to go to all that trouble, since it wouldn't have had much of a smell. He got it out of the applicator and everything! Why, Maisie? Why?

Another time Maisie ate a quarter of a bar of soap before I caught him and took it away. It had come in the mail, and he discovered it before I did.

The weirdest thing Zephyr ever had was... um... a drink. Once when he was a kitten I was having a Kahlua and milk, and I wondered if Zephyr would bother it (this was before I got Maisie,) so I held it where he could smell it, and he wrinkled his nose and backed away. I stupidly figured this meant it smelled bad to him and he wouldn't bother it, so I left it on my desk, went and used the bathroom, threw in a load of laundry, and puttered around a bit.

When I returned, a good third of my drink was gone, and my kitten couldn't walk a straight line. It was funny and horrible at the same time. I felt like a terrible mom, and I have never made the mistake of leaving unattended alcohol near him again.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 7, adopted 2006,)
and Bentley (age 3, adopted 2013)

Last edited by Blakeney Green; 01-21-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Oz is bad but Baz will eat almost anything - we had to take potato peel off him this week.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat

Two things: a house-fly, and dirt from the broom.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cat Addict

House flies and other insects are like magnets to them.....
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Holly jumped up on the table and stole some of my son's penne pasta and sauce. LOL. She looked so hurt when I took it away.

My last cat use to immediately come around whenever anyone was eating a banana. She would meow until you let her sniff and lick the banana peel a couple of times. She wouldn't eat it though. It was bizarre.
Pursestan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

Maxx ate some of my pancakes last night.

(I love breakfast for dinner)
MaxxCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Oscar is a pumpkin freak. He'll sit and howl for pumpkin, or any squash really if one is being cut up in the house.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat

The weirdest thing my cats have tried to eat was my metal key ring.
gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeney Green View Post
Maisie once managed to get into my purse and unwrap and eat an unused tampon. That was the day I realized he knows how to open zippers. I still have no idea what caused him to go to all that trouble, since it wouldn't have had much of a smell. He got it out of the applicator and everything! Why, Maisie? Why?
Two of my cats have always seemed interested in the smell of packaged, unused, tampons, but I really don't know why. I don't think either of them would ever eat one though!

Most of my cats eat normal cat-type things, but Cosette will eat oats, bits of bread and crackers, and lettuce on occasion. And, Galileo is odd, in that he really likes fruit. He'll readily eat, and even mooch for, tomatos, watermelon, cantaloupe, roasted bell peppers (though not a fruit), kiwi, peaches, apricots, and nectarines.
dt8thd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cat

You cat in the avatar is adorable! They may be after the powdery smell that is sometimes on them,I guess??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8thd View Post
Two of my cats have always seemed interested in the smell of packaged, unused, tampons, but I really don't know why. I don't think either of them would ever eat one though!

Most of my cats eat normal cat-type things, but Cosette will eat oats, bits of bread and crackers, and lettuce on occasion. And, Galileo is odd, in that he really likes fruit. He'll readily eat, and even mooch for, tomatos, watermelon, cantaloupe, roasted bell peppers (though not a fruit), kiwi, peaches, apricots, and nectarines.
gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement