What is the craziest thing your cat has eaten (or tried to)? - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt8thd View Post
Two of my cats have always seemed interested in the smell of packaged, unused, tampons, but I really don't know why. I don't think either of them would ever eat one though!
I hope for your sake it stays that way. Eating something designed to work as a plug is a one-way ticket to the emergency vet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharrissc View Post
You cat in the avatar is adorable! They may be after the powdery smell that is sometimes on them,I guess??
At risk of TMI, I never use scented tampons because I have fragrance sensitivities. Whatever enticed him was in the cotton itself.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 8, adopted 2006,)
Bentley
(age 3, adopted 2013,) and foster kitty Cullen
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I was cleaning the box the other day and noticed a piece of my thread in the box, I used the scooper to try to scoop it out and it was attached to two pieces of feces, so one of them likes to eat string, haha.

They also like packing penuts as said before. I had a huge bag that I was saving for christmas packing to family across the county and I had to end up throwing it out because they wouldn't stop eating it.

They also get into the trash and pull out dental floss and they LOVE napkins that have been used with food on them. I find chewed up from the trash every day.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Food item:uncooked spaghetti

Non-food item:plastic laundry bag.

Thankfully robin hasn't developed a taste for human food-except cheese.
bluemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Wow I never expected there would be this many responces! Glad to read what everyone has to say....
I also forgot to mention the fact that Joy loves to eat fuzzies, you know the ones you find on blankets on just on the floor. We have to have some blankets put away cause otherwise she will munch for hours! Crazy Kitten!
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Kitten

My Ocicat Archer has an oral fixation. He puts everything on his mouth and loves to chew, like no cat I've ever seen. Just this week, Archer has put the following things in his mouth:

An LED light strip, a clothes hanger, a safety pin, a hunk of candle wax, a screwdriver, a "bonger" (massage tool), a big bag of baking soda, the laundry basket, and I'm not even counting his toys! Thankfully, he does not seem to swallow most of the non-food items he chews on.

I have a whole photo series of things Archer has put in his mouth. Here's one (clothes hanger):

Meowhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharrissc View Post
You cat in the avatar is adorable! They may be after the powdery smell that is sometimes on them,I guess??
Thank you! That's the mommy semi feral I'm fostering, Autumn.

I think you may be right about the powdery stuff. It does have a distinct odour.
dt8thd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Holly is always trying to eat her own fur. If I comb her and pull it off the comb and pile it up, she will always try to eat it. If I put her fur in a bathroom or bedroom trash can, she will pull it out and end up eating it if I don't get to her in time.

I do her the favor of pulling it off her to reduce hairballs and she just goes it sucks it right back down.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Gadget just caught his first mouse this evening.... Thought it was a toy....
BigDaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My kitten will stick everything in her mouth: Xmas ornaments (that sucked), pieces of metal, hair ties, cardboard, USB cables, the other cats tail (her favorite, the other cat hates her now).

My favorite though were two cats my husbands aunt owned: one ate mail (like full on, it was non existent afterward). The other one once jumped on my lap and took a monstrous bite out of my bagel with garlic cream cheese...he was unhappy when I chased him away
katbaalew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Josie used to come to my bed every morning for cuddles and for sneaking onto my night-stand and stealing elastic rubber band I keep there for making pony tail when I wake up in the morning.
then she would try to eat it, fortunately she never succeeded. i learned my lesson and now i hide my rubber bands in the drawer. ha! i am sneakier than her!
Advertisement