Cat vomiting after every meal - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I agree with doodlebug, if he is vomitting 12 hours after eating it's not like anything to do with his food. There are many reasons he could be vomitting and it will be easier to figure it out if he is seen by a vet now.

Kyle
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Have you thought of trying smaller amounts more frequently. Ywelve hours after eating is a long time.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
Have you thought of trying smaller amounts more frequently. Ywelve hours after eating is a long time.
I consider 1/8c a small amount, but maybe I'm wrong… I put a variety of food out just now canned/kibble/freeze dried and he isn't interested in anything…this is normally my cat that is crazy about food.

The reason I think it might be the food is because my other 2 cats (all on the same diet) aren't as fond of the food as they were a couple weeks ago. They all seem to be following the same path of picking at their food/not eating as much/etc
3gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gatos View Post
I put a variety of food out just now canned/kibble/freeze dried and he isn't interested in anything
I don't think cats are like people with a grand buffet in front of them. We might lick outr lips and think about where to sart and how much we can fit on a plate. I think cats can get overwhelmed with scent and choose to eat nothing. Try putting out one food on a consistent basis.

Kyle
Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwarendorf View Post
I don't think cats are like people with a grand buffet in front of them. We might lick outr lips and think about where to sart and how much we can fit on a plate. I think cats can get overwhelmed with scent and choose to eat nothing. Try putting out one food on a consistent basis.

Kyle
Eh, not this cat. The foods were each in separate areas all over my apartment. But that is probably what I'm going to do and stick with the dry since that is what he has been eating, if only a little bit, it's better than nothing in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Cat

It's much better than nothing Try one food, n one place. It will be much easier to keep track of.

Kyle
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwarendorf View Post
It's much better than nothing Try one food, n one place. It will be much easier to keep track of.

Kyle
Keep track of? I guess I don't understand what you mean by that. I feed 3 cats (and a dog) 2 meals a day, I know EXACTLY how much each is eating and when they aren't eating or have a decreased appetite. They aren't shy eaters.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gatos View Post
Keep track of? I guess I don't understand what you mean by that. I feed 3 cats (and a dog) 2 meals a day, I know EXACTLY how much each is eating and when they aren't eating or have a decreased appetite. They aren't shy eaters.
I think the point is that you have multiple animals, and you've said you have multiple different types of food set out in various areas of your apartment. There's nothing wrong with that if it's working for you, but it seems like monitoring food intake precisely under those circumstances would require you to be in more than one place at once. *shrug*

Sometimes things are just hard to explain over the internet, though. I'm sure it would make sense if we were there.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 7, adopted 2006,)
and Bentley (age 3, adopted 2013)
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Cat

As BG said, it must be a real challenge to track multiple animals fed in multiple locations. I just thought that, given you seem to be having a problem with one of your cats, it might be easier to centralize.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Oh, I see, that is not our normal feeding arrangement. We usually have dry in the morning and canned at night. I'm freaking out a little with my guys not eating very well and only one was able to access the food for a couple hours (others in the bedroom) so I am able to easily monitor one cat fed in different areas.

Food is not normally just set out all the time. And I have seen them all eating recently The different areas were also all in my large living room so, sitting at my computer I can hear them eating (tags make a sound when hit on stainless steel), easily turn my head and see which one it is. It is difficult to explain things when others can't obviously see my setup, LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement