Cat vomiting after every meal - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cat Addict

In another thread, someone said that they had a bag of food that was bad - same food as always, just a new bag. Is that possible, since you said none of your cats was interested in the food they'd always eaten?

The other kitties aren't having any issues, and they all get the same food?
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
In another thread, someone said that they had a bag of food that was bad - same food as always, just a new bag. Is that possible, since you said none of your cats was interested in the food they'd always eaten?

The other kitties aren't having any issues, and they all get the same food?
I said that this is a food they have never had, been on it for less than a month (purchased 1/ and that my other cats weren't eating it well either (they are having issues, just not vomiting)

I'm starting to think it was the canned food- was feeding friskies (I know, I know) switching to a grain free canned food to hopefully getting them back eating canned eventually.

The day they started having issues, I offered the Friskies to everyone, they tried to cover it up (which they NEVER do) I even offered it to the dog and he refused to touch it as well (which also NEVER happens). Since everyone refused it I just threw that can away.
3gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Cat

UPDATE: Gave 1 small tube of bene bac to my old guy around noon yesterday.
Offered 1/8c Grain free dry Natural Balance Duck/Pea each (a little less for my female) for dinner, they all ate slowly, but surely.

So far this morning Samir (my old guy) hasn't vomited and is vocalizing for breakfast- which is a good sign, hopefully his appetite sticks around with no vomiting
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You might try slippery elm also. Read article on Little Big Cat Library on slippery elm. I couldnt post the url cuz Im on my phone. Sorry.

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Cat

No vomiting is good
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gatos View Post
I said that this is a food they have never had, been on it for less than a month (purchased 1/ and that my other cats weren't eating it well either (they are having issues, just not vomiting)
Oops, sorry, you did say that. But wait, has he ever thrown up the wet food since it started, or is it always the dry? If they get dry in the am, wet in the pm, and he throws up 12 hours after eating the dry, maybe it's the dry food that's upsetting his tummy, which is why he's not hungry in the evening and refusing his wet food.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
Oops, sorry, you did say that. But wait, has he ever thrown up the wet food since it started, or is it always the dry? If they get dry in the am, wet in the pm, and he throws up 12 hours after eating the dry, maybe it's the dry food that's upsetting his tummy, which is why he's not hungry in the evening and refusing his wet food.
He's vomiting the dry, and refusing the dry food in the morning. Everyone refused the wet. I'm slowly trying to get him eating canned as I think it may digest a lot faster and hopefully no vomiting. Had a relapse this afternoon, right as I was leaving for work, it was all the dry from this morning (~2tbsp)

Had a few nibbles of the canned food this evening- 1tsp. Hopefully he will keep it down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement