Pia is vomiting - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I just checked a classic flavor (cod, sole & shrimp) and indeed, it's grain-free. I'm surprised, but there are those nasty by-products. My cats were less interested in the FF today (tuna & cheddar), so maybe there's hope.

Is that weight gain normal for a kitten? Maybe she's outgrowing the kitten stage and doesn't need as much food, but is eating it anyway, then throwing it up?

One of my cats throws up fairly frequently - it's either because she ate too fast or because she's got a hairball. If it's a hairball, she often makes those wheezing or hacking noises first. Is that what Pia's doing?
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Pia is vomiting

Yes she starts heaving with her tongue out. the other night, she was doing it and I jumped up and drop the remote on the floor and she stopped with her tongue stuck out and gave me a dirty look then proceeded to continue heaving then throw up.

So are we at a consensus that this isn't life threatening and I can sleep tonight?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
nibbles-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I can't imagine, from what you've described, that this will suddenly become critical overnight. She's been vomiting once every few days, but not more than once in one day, right? I'm like you - I totally stress out when something is slightly not right with my cats. But in your situation, I wouldn't be worried enough to think I needed an emergency vet visit. You said she's playing normally and eating, so I'd keep that in mind and try not worry.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Pia is vomiting

Still waiting in call from vet. Called petsmart this morning and they said to bring the bag back and swap out for a new one. I think I'll get the purina one chicken and rice instead of kitten formula.

I had a bag of the innova kitten that I gave her some last night and this morning. I hope I don't go home to find throw up tonight.

Thanks for your help, will keep you updated.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Pia is vomiting

I spoke to the vet. He isn't majorly concerned right now. He said he'd like to see her on a 3 times a day feeding schedule. No leaving food out all day. Keep going with the pumpkin, get a hairball remedy the new bag of food.

So, exactly him much should I be feeding her each meal? He wants breakfast, dinner, and late night snack. She's almost 1yo and weighs around 8.4lbs.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cat

Nibbles, can I suggest at some point changing her dry food to something better? My kitten likes dry food more then wet and I decided that if he's going to eat mainly dry (he drinks a lot) than at least he'll get a good dry food! I switched him from Costco brand (which he and his brother both loved) to Orijen. Yes, it's a lot more expensive, but if you're only feeding 1 cup/day, a bag will last you a month probably.
MyBabiesDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default Pia is vomiting

Yes I tried wellness, innova, merrick and another. She wouldn't touch them. I fed my dogs wellness so I'm more concerned with health than money. I'm heading to petsmart tonight so ill see what else they have. Was also looking into the honest kitchen.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat Addict

my cats really like weruva and they love i mean seriously love tiki cat (chicken with wild salmon--they weren't in love with the sardine one) so if money is no object that would be good because tiki cat isn't cheap. but you can't buy it at petsmart.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement