We don't do cat food well - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Question We don't do cat food well

Hi all! I'm from Australia and basically, I am not aware that we manufacture any high quality cat foods (correct me if I'm wrong). I am partially through transitioning my cats to a rotation of high quality wet food, and all of it is imported. The crazy thing is that even ZiwiPeak which is made next door (NZ) costs a full dollar more per can to purchase in Australia than if you were to buy it in the USA. Sometimes we call this the "Australia tax" but it really is ridiculous.

I must admit it kind of makes me giggle when I read posts about "expensive" food costing $2 per can.

My question for the forum is twofold. Firstly, am I wrong? Do we make any good cat food here? Secondly, our old ginger boy has been fed "prescription diets" for urinary crystals for many years (we adopted him from a friend at age 10ish). I am transitioning him slowly to wet, but am terrified I'm going to make him sick. Unfortunately I don't know what type of crystals and there is no way for me to find out. What is the safest way for me to transition him? Should I just look out for troubles or is there something proactive I can do?

And here is a picture of our Mavis:

ecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

This website says its made with high quality ingredients in Australia. Maybe someone can help you with whether its good food. There are no by-products, soy, corn or wheat gluten though and some of it aren't grain free, but cos I don't see taurine in the ingredient list, so not too sure if it is complete enough. Website didn't have very much infor.

I happened to be looking at this, cos the ingredients are simple, I thought giving to ET once in a while would be good break from all those brands with so many ingredients or maybe too rich, or even whenever he pukes.

Wishbone

Last edited by snowy; 01-24-2013 at 05:19 AM.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Snowy thank you so much for that. The crazy thing is, when you look at the where to buy page all the shop addresses are in Singapore! I'll definitely have a google around though and see if it is actually sold here.

It is possible that the meat used is Australian (unfortunately we have a lot of live animal export) but that the company is not Australian.
ecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement