cat with food allergy please advise - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

Cinder great post !! are these foods raw or canned? I was only giving canned examples because I knew it wasn't her cat and raw can be much pricier. I'm a big advocate of raw or canned and will look into the brands you've posted about. I can hopefully try these brands on my kitties. I've only fed two types of raw so far. My cats love the rabbit and mice ground raw foods !!
keli13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I agree with Cinder. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you can't foster or adopt her, don't punish yourself. If you can, I think a warm, loving environment with a vet that takes more then just a second to check her over. I am working on trying to get one of my old baby fosters back from the shelter to take her to my vet and get her better. She has been having upper respiratory issues that haven't gone away and so she can't be out for the public to see her and adopt her. But I am running into issues with their new receptionist who keeps boggarding my moves. Next step is to try to talk to the director of the shelter, only problem is I start my new job tomorrow and will be out of town for 5 days on training. Sigh....we'll see if I can get her and get the help she needs. Every time I talk to someone there they say she is being taken care of, but that can't be accurate if she's still sick.
KozyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keli13 View Post
Cinder great post !! are these foods raw or canned? I was only giving canned examples because I knew it wasn't her cat and raw can be much pricier. I'm a big advocate of raw or canned and will look into the brands you've posted about. I can hopefully try these brands on my kitties. I've only fed two types of raw so far. My cats love the rabbit and mice ground raw foods !!
hound & gatos is canned and so is addiction. i can't really remember but ziwipeak is air-dried dehydrated raw and i haven't used it.

go to doggiefood.com--there is an ingredient list on every single food. i don't think they sell anything except dehydrated raw, obviously. rad cat is the only frozen raw that i've tried and it's really expensive. i'm sure it's very good food, i just can't afford it.

hound & gatos is the best pricewise of all of those but you'll have to go to their site www.houndgatos.com .

but i don't think any shelter can really afford these kinds of food. they usually operate on what gets donated or the most inexpensive because they don't have huge budgets.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement