Slight limp... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Slight limp...

Well, On Sunday night my cat did a very odd thing and hid under the bed, when I got up around 1am Monday morning to use the bathroom, his left front paw was apparently out from under the bed and I accidentally stepped on him...I think I even heard a pop. Made me feel worse about anything than I ever have in my life quite honestly, he screamed for dear life and ran off (on 3 out of 4) under the front room chair growling at me...I didn't get any sleep that night and after 20 minutes he wanted me to comfort him so I did. Monday morning, vet visit, he was already using the paw but there was some favoring still to a degree...though he own his own jumped off the table (I was scared when he did) fine. He also ran around the room in the vets office. Vet moved the leg around full range of motion, Lumpy didn't make a noise or have an issue. He said should be fine in a few days, and gave me 6 Onsior tablets (twice a day) to give to him which he's on. He still has a slight limp but will put weight on it fine. Walks around, uses litter box, eats fine, etc...even tries to jump up and down places though I'm supposed to restrict him from doing so, so I have covered up the places he jumps so he stays on the ground. When the Onsior seemingly kicks in he walks perfectly fine now (This is day two). What does this sound like to everyone (I know, hard to make diagnosis via internet forum)? Thoughts?
Chilinmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

It may just be a little sprain or could still be sore. Cats are pretty resilent and as long as the vet okayed him (although it doesn't seem that he did an x-ray) your little guy should be just fine.

This morning Moosey got one of her claws stuck in the bedspread and tried to pull it out but couldn't (I guess she forgot how to retract) I tried to help her but she wasn't having it so she pulled away and I heard a small little pop. I freed her arm and she ran off. I watched her walk for a few minutes and she was fine.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I would say ignore it, but I know that popping noise must haunt you! I'm sure he'll be fine and kudos to you for going first thing to the vet!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Midnight, the wild cat, has had numerous bouts with limps on various limbs, due mostly to his lifestyle - running with the foxes! - they have all run their course.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks all, I felt a lot better after the vet visit and even better now reading the comments. He seems to be walking a-ok more often now. It's been 9 hours since his last Onsior pill and he's walking normally...so I think he's healing. Still gonna restrict him from jumping around the next few days...the one thing I read is that when they seem fine they still need to recover for days after.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kitten

Just a little positive update: He's doing MUCH better today, only the slightest hint of a limp, infact this evening he's absolutely perfect (It's his last Onsior treatment). He's sharpening his claws on his sharpening pole, walking around happily....won't stop following me! LOL. Thanks again all!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

I'm sorry for yet another update, but I just noticed that he did walk a bit funny after laying around a while on the cat perch then jumping off it, only for a few steps...how long could it take for him to fully heal from say a sprain or whatnot? Otherwise he's running, jumping, eating, playing fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement