anyone who feeds lotus - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tom Cat

ok. i opened salmon flavor today. it's less dense than turkey, but definitely somewhow holds it shape. i would say consistency is that of dense pudding. it would not drip from the spoon.
it smelled ok too, i mean fishy but normal fishy, nothing foul or worrying.
my kits ate it mixed with EVO 50:50.
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

thanks! they never called me back so i'll have to call them on monday. i was doing other things and forgot.

i think what i have is bad. there's still diarrhea and i can't tell if it's moving towards firming up or not. (since i don't follow them to the bathroom and watch lol). there was a partial tootsie roll but then two really loose ones so i can't really tell.

and that was so stupid of me, i knew there was agar-agar in it. well i mean now i do but when i opened the cans i didn't know it so . . .
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Ok, I gave some of the chicken & vegetable to both girls a couple of days ago - 5.5 oz. cans. I remembered what you said about what it looked like, and there wasn't anything like what you described. It is a smushy pate, like anie said, maybe the consistency of very thick pudding. But it had what looked like small, rice-shaped tapioca pearls or something in it, at least on the top. After what you said, I thought it might be bits of potato. I didn't see it in the rest of the pate, so either it was something about the way the light was on the food, or I don't have any idea what it was.

It had a fairly strong smell, but not awful (as far as cat food goes, I mean). They really liked it for the first few bites, then they walked away and wouldn't eat anymore later. It didn't produce diarrhea though. In fact, oddly, it might have brought on constipation, though I can't say for sure, since I've never figured out a pattern to Celia's constipation.

cinderflower, Celia loves rabbit, but she didn't like the texture of the Hound & Gatos - you know how the texture isn't consistent throughout. That's fine with me, because I thought it was just nasty. Since doodlebug's made me aware that Nature's Variety Instinct rabbit is sourced in China, I've been looking for an alternative. I and love and you had a rabbit flavor, but she didn't like it. So I'm still looking...

How are your kitties doing now?
spirite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tom Cat

i haven't open chicken flavor yet, but in turkey and salmon there was no "pearls". turkey was thicker/denser that salmon but both in normal cat food consistency.

as of poop no loose poops, actually their poops were smaller last couple of days, but normal shape (oh how i love talking about poops )
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
It had a fairly strong smell, but not awful (as far as cat food goes, I mean). They really liked it for the first few bites, then they walked away and wouldn't eat anymore later. It didn't produce diarrhea though. In fact, oddly, it might have brought on constipation, though I can't say for sure, since I've never figured out a pattern to Celia's constipation.
well, mine ate like 3 of the big 12.5 oz. cans over a period of about a week. i'm just not giving the any more of it until they replace the case and i can see if it looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
cinderflower, Celia loves rabbit, but she didn't like the texture of the Hound & Gatos - you know how the texture isn't consistent throughout. That's fine with me, because I thought it was just nasty. Since doodlebug's made me aware that Nature's Variety Instinct rabbit is sourced in China, I've been looking for an alternative. I and love and you had a rabbit flavor, but she didn't like it. So I'm still looking...

How are your kitties doing now?
i stir it up. i know it isn't the greatest smelling or looking food but according to all their claims, it's right nutritionally and it's the right price. but like i said somewhere else, pate food bothers me because i can't see exactly what's in it.

i think the poo is practically normal now. they've had nothing but plain chicken or mixed with mideast feast (i don't think i'd eat exactly the same thing for five days in a row either). so whatever caused it just took awhile to get out of their system i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anie View Post
i haven't open chicken flavor yet, but in turkey and salmon there was no "pearls". turkey was thicker/denser that salmon but both in normal cat food consistency.

as of poop no loose poops, actually their poops were smaller last couple of days, but normal shape (oh how i love talking about poops )
i don't have any idea what to make of it, just that i don't enjoy VERY SMELLY diarrhea so i avoid feeding them anything that does that. fortunately they don't get it all over themselves and the floor, but i have to go get it right away because on wood pellets, it would be a disaster if they stepped in it. good thing i have lots of latex gloves and paper towels. this was so bad it was making me gag and usually only something dead, really really rotten or raw meat does that.

i would imagine there are bad batches of anything manufactured. and not necessarily bad enough for a recall. it wouldn't be salmonella because that doesn't go away with a diet change. so i'm not saying lotus is a bad food, i just didn't have a good experience with it.

and yes, poop is such a wonderful topic lol.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cat

I've looked into the food and am considering adding it to the food rotation.
gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement