Help Me Find a Food? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cat

Zilla, yes, Before Grain Chicken was how we found out he was allergic to stuff(sweet potato in this case). Then we found WellnessCORE, which we found we could use as a middle-man for Telmo's healing after his reactions. Since he didn't like it, we wanted to find something else. The first time we switched from that it was to a fish-based food, where he reacted again. We've been bouncing around pretty successfully though, just looking for the right fit Telmo and financially-wise.

catloverami, we cannot afford to feed wet, and we free feed.
dahowlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Help Me Find a Food?

U may rethink free feeding. It's not exactly a good thing.... Overweight issues etc.... And well I'm not sure there's another food that's fish free I searched for a while trying to find one for my cats.... Before grain was the only one

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahowlers View Post
I looked at the doggiefood.com thing and the food I have them on now cost $35 on there! That's only $7 more, but dang!
i get around that by ordering over $150 -200 at a time. you get a 20% discount and free shipping that way, but i have three cats.

also, they're east coast and i'm in denver, so food prices might be higher here because they're way cheaper than any pet store where i can buy the same thing. last time i compared, they were cheaper than wag, petflow direct and another one, even if you had pre-orders. the pre-ordering brought it down to the same price as doggiefood, before the bulk discount.

but they are probably more expensive than some places in the midwest and rural areas.

mostly you can use it for the ingredients, you will be able to see what's in a food before you even consider it.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cat

Zilla, I completely agree that free-feeding can cause overweight issues, but my cats don't have overweight issues. I'm not sure if we'll continue free-feeding once my sister and I move in together, cause her cat turns into a butterball turkey haha

cinderflower, I can't afford to buy that much cat food at once :/ I'm a poor college student that only works part time, plus my dog. And Freya has medical issues that I'm struggling to afford. I'll have to see if I can buy in bulk once I get my stuff straightened out, I love every discount I can get :3
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tom Cat

i used to buy food in bulk together with a friend, so we would split the order. maybe any of your friends would like to order with you, then you do not have to pay that much at once.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tom Cat

also, if i am not mistaken, if you order from chewy.com and set up regular orders, you will get 15% off first order. and ypu do not have to order for $200, but for $49 to get free shipping

on doggiefood.com I got discounts for ordering for $100 and free shipping. I ended up paying $80, and got tons of food
Old 02-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cat

Hold the phone! I think doggiefood.com is showing me the wrong ingredients?
For Evo Turkey and Chicken is shows me:
Venison, Venison Broth, Natural Flavors, Carrageenan, Potassium Chloride, Minerals, Guar Gum, Vitamins, Choline Chloride, Herring Oil, Salt, Sodium Ascorbate, Taurine, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Phosphate, Beta Carotene

And apparently CORE has fish in it, I don't know what we were thinking. I think it may have been when I didn't full understand the meaning of meal, but we're going to reevaluate his allergies.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Turkey, Chicken, Turkey Broth, Chicken Broth, Chicken Meal, Herring, Carrots, Whole Eggs, Salmon Meal, Natural Flavors, Carrageenan, Tomato Flakes, Cottage Cheese, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, Apples, Guar Gum, Vitamins/Minerals, Inulin, Herring Oil, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Taurine, Sodium Phosphate, Beta Carotene

they're both down at the bottom and both cans are purple. at first i thought inulin was supposed to be insulin lol.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Moderator

The are several flavors of CORE and at least one doesn't have fish. I assumed that's the one you were feeding when you said you needed fish free.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahowlers View Post
cinderflower, I can't afford to buy that much cat food at once :/ I'm a poor college student that only works part time, plus my dog. And Freya has medical issues that I'm struggling to afford. I'll have to see if I can buy in bulk once I get my stuff straightened out, I love every discount I can get :3
yeah i know. it was tough for me at first until i worked out a system. but you have to have that much money up front and a lot of people don't. maybe you could do what anie said and get a pet food pool together lol. no, it could work. it would take some planning and you'd have to have it shipped to one address but it's doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anie View Post
also, if i am not mistaken, if you order from chewy.com and set up regular orders, you will get 15% off first order. and ypu do not have to order for $200, but for $49 to get free shipping

on doggiefood.com I got discounts for ordering for $100 and free shipping. I ended up paying $80, and got tons of food
almost all of them have free shipping over $49 (i think) but the reason i didn't go to chewy.com is because you only get the 15% off on the first order and you have to pre-order, and whatever food i was ordering (weruva, i think) was only the doggiefood price after the 15% discount, and i wouldn't get it on the next. and that wasn't even considering the 20% i'd get at doggie, so it didn't really seem like a good deal to me.

these places are tricky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement