best dry food? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Premier Cat

EVO is the dry of choice here! I bought a huge bag of Orijin and all of my 5 cats won't eat it.
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I like EVO and Blue Wilderness. My cats won't eat Orijen, although they will eat some Acana.
Gummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I have been feeding my younger cat Taste of the Wild and she loves it. I just introduced EVO canned food to both of my cats & they love that so far.
soccergrl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My kitties are mostly can-fed (i.e. about 75% now), but the dry food that they do eat is Wellness Core Grain-Free kitten food. They like it as far as dry food goes (i.e. they'll choose it over a flavor of canned food that they don't like).
Pursestan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I wish I could feed all canned food but am too unemployed to afford it - they get 50/50 dry/canned. The canned is usually Fancy Feast I get at the Humane Society for 30 cents a can.
Gummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My cats will eat anything good because I've been changing their food all the time from when they were kittens. Now they are being phased off Natural Balnce dry back to Instinct dry. They get about five different brands and half a dozen flavors of canned food. They seem to like everything. If someone throws up that food goes off the list.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Luigi wishes she could eat Stella and Chewy's only but I can't afford to feed that to her as her only diet - it's crazy expensive, and with 2 dogs and 2 cats to feed...impossible. I'm going to look at the Evo and NVI for once we finish up the TOTW bag.
Luna my other cat eats a rotation of all kinds of wet food, I rotate daily between high and lower quality foods - even some Friskies in there - just the classic pate ones.
Tabbylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat

I am feeding Origen. After looking at the ingredients on just about all the other dry foods at the store, Origen has the most protein and least vegetable ingredients. When I see things like peas and potatoes in the ingredient it turns me off. Origens first 8-10 ingredients are protein. I will admit though that although my kitten eats it, they don't INHALE it like they did with Kirkland (Costco) brand dry food, which is what I used to feed them.

Last edited by MyBabiesDaddy; 02-11-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Grammar corrections
MyBabiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Evo has peas, but no potatoe, while Origen does have russet potatoe. Ya, most kibbles have potatoe usually within the 1st 4 or 5 ingredient list, I guess that is what makes kibbles high in carb?
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Kitten

I feed California natural chicken and rice (Yes, I know it has some grains) mixed with Earthborn primitive feline grain free formula dry. Cheesy and Alley both don't care for Earthborn but Margaret and Verona love it. They also get various brands of canned food at night and Cheesy gets raw venison.
CrazyCatPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement